ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ

"Ms Reid, what are you doing down here," a deep voice came from behind her, "your office is upstairs."

Brooklyn turned around and gave him a lazy smile. "Oh, Mr Woods, it's you. Gimme a minute," she huffed, stretching her legs that were placed on the table before dropping it back on the floor. She stood up, and thankfully she wasn't woozy anymore.

"What are you doing," he repeated.

Instead of relating the question to her situation, Brooklyn thought back to her first day at work where he had said that when they were in the restrooms, doing inappropriate things. "Cleaning up?"

"Be serious, Ms Reid."

She could sense that he was frustrated with her answer, but then there was that smirk that says otherwise. "Do you really want me to?"

"No."

"That's what I thought, Sir."

"I want to recreate that scene instead," he said huskily, grabbing her wrist and pulling her along with him into his private elevator.

The metal doors closed behind them and he pushed her against the wall aggressively. The air knocked out of her lungs and she felt the cool of the metal hit her bare back. She was wearing one of her new purchases that he had bought for her.

"Do you know what you do to me, Ms Reid," his rough voice asked, tracing the side of her face. One finger wandered to the bottom of her chin and he tilted it up.

Brooklyn wanted to give in to his intentions, but she way still tired for that kind of action. "Nuh-uh. Not today, mister," she pulled his hand off.

"What did you just say to me?" he leaned his face closer to hers.

Oh, déjà vu. Why does it feel like he says that every time they are close to doing the dirty. Or...suggesting, but whatever.

She pushed at his chest to get some distance between them."I said, no. And this time I mean it." 

Better be exhausted than be screwed.

He scoffed. "And why is that."

Her attempt to get him further seemed to be futile as he was still approaching. Mr Woods was not a man that takes 'no' lightly as an answer. If he wanted her under him, then that's what he would get.

"I had a long day," she replied nonchalantly.

"The day barely started."

"Say that again when you walked approximately 2.8 kilometers to get to work."

For a moment there, his act changed. He looked at her funny, like he doesn't quite believe her words. "Don't lie to me, Ms Reid."

"Why would I lie to you."

"Manners."

"Sir. Why would I lie to you, Sir," she sassed. 

Mr Woods was still eyeing her. There was absolutely no way she could've walked such a long distance. She wouldn't. "That's a good point. Why would you lie to me," he had a thoughtful look. "So you really walked?"

"Yes, Sir."

Whatever game she was playing, it wasn't ending anytime soon. She was certain with her answer, she stood her ground. Her eyes showed perseverance, strength that showed that she would not back down.

"And why's that. Don't you have a car? Or you couldn't have called a cab?"

He was well aware of her financial status, and he knew all her properties and possessions. As a CEO, he needs to know the background of all his employees, make sure that no one is suspicious and could potentially pose as a threat.