Chapter 4

The rest of the day flew by quicker than Himiko would of wanted, and soon it was the end of the day. She sat still at her desk as the students around her got up and started to walk out, some of the girls got in groups as they chattered happily, light blushes on their faces. Himiko just rolled her eyes, they were most likely going to the host club.

"Not it!" Two voices exclaimed from the front of the room, causing Himiko to look in that direction, seeing her old friends in a group together.

"Alright, Tamai! It's your turn!" A Caramel skinned girl with black hair exclaimed.

"Not fair, Shirai. I went last time!" A tall pale skinned girl with short brown hair exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I sure am not going this time. Seeing those two love birds together... Gross." Shirai said, making a face.

Himiko stood up, the host club wasn't open yet, so she had time to spare, not to mention that both Kimi and Rin had gotten out of the room and followed Kyoya. They were most likely hiding in the vents watching his every movement by now.

"Why don't you three stop arguing." Himiko said as she walked up to the three. "I'm going to the host club too so I can accompany... Um, may I know your name?" She asked, keeping most emotion out of her voice.

"Oh, it's Miya." Miya said, running a hand through her dark brown hair.

Himiko nodded, looking straight into Miya's eyes. Though they mostly held the same amount of emotion they did when Himiko was still herself at the school, Himiko still noticed that they seemed slightly duller.

"We should get going." Miya said, turning and heading out, "Thanks for agreeing to go with me, Himi." She walked a few steps then froze, realizing what she just said.

Himiko watched as Miya turned and looked behind her, her eyes wide and a hand covering her mouth, looking to the side, she saw that both Shirai and Tamai were looking at Miya with wide eyed expressions.

"I'm sorry." Miya said, "I guess I just let that slip out." She looked down, her bangs covering her eyes.

It took all of Himiko's self control to keep her expression flat, with a slight amount of confusion, despite the overwhelming amount of regret and grief weighing her down.

"I-it's alright Miya." Shirai muttered, her voice cracking slightly.

Miya nodded and turned, heading out of the room. Himiko quickly followed after her into the hallway. She placed a hand on her old friends shoulder, watching as she jumped slightly and looked back quickly, looking at Himiko with sad eyes.

"Cheer up." Himiko said quietly. "I'm sure your friend... Wherever they are, wouldn't want you to be so sad." She let a small smile creep onto her face to comfort her old friend. "So please, if you can't smile for yourself, smile for them."

Miya looked at Himiko, her eyes watering. She brought an arm up to her face and wiped away the tears that threatened to fall, sniffling. "A-Alright." She mumbled.

"Good." Himiko said, please with herself, "Now, if you could lead me to Music Room 3, I would be grateful."

Miya nodded, "Of course, follow me." She smiled and turned around, walking through the hallway.

Himiko followed after her, a tiny hint of a smile on her face.

----------
Heyo Sinners! Sorry about the short chapter, I hope you're enjoying the book so far!!

-Sin

I'm having fun, aren't you?
- Onyx

Hey, wait, who are you?
-Sin

I could be anyone I desired to be. But I am here to be your worst nightmare. -Onyx