Chapter 10

The next day after school, Himiko was walking in the halls alongside Kyoya, thankfully, word had spread that she was Kyoya's 'cousin', and they looked somewhat alike with Himiko having the dyed black hair. And with the cousins information spread, this meant that Himiko could walk alongside Kyoya with nobody questioning it.

Looking behind her, she saw that Rin and Kimi were chatting not to far behind, both keeping an eye on the two.

"Let's go to the hedge garden." Kyoya said, seeming in thought.

"Why there?" Himik asked.

Kyoya didn't respond, instead, he just kept walking.

Himiko followed after him, staring at him deep in thought. He's been acting strange recently, had someone slipped something into a drink of his to make him act this way? She shook her head, there was no way, the three of them had been watching him like a hawk these past few weeks, so Kyoya's just different now.

"This seems like a good spot." Kyoya stated, breaking Himiko out of her thoughts.

Looking around, Himiko realized she had followed Kyoya into the hedge maze, and now they were standing in front of the white gazebo, looking behind her, she saw that both Rin and Kimi were a ways away, though still within eyesight.

Himiko took out the sand which she had packed for lunch and took a bite of it, looking around at the abundance of roses.

"There are more black roses here than I thought they would be. Aren't they rare?"

"Well yes, but Ouran works to meet the expectations of the students and guests." Kyoya informed, adjusted his glasses. "Why are you interested in the black rose out of all the others?"

"It's rare." Himiko statted simply, "They don't just grow anywhere, and they're not technically black. They're a dark Crimson, the meaning is usually towards death but it could also mean rebirth..." She grabbed onto the Rose and held it gently, being careful to avoid the thorns.

"You know quite a lot about this specific rose." Kyoya said, his voice heavy with suspicion.

Himiko looked at him, keeping her face neutral. "I like knowing things." She responded blandly, looking down at the rose. "And wasn't this the color of rose that girl picked? I heard that you started to use the petals for you host club opening, Miya explained that to me when I first went to the host club."

"Yes, Miss Sukini was the-"

"If that's the case then I would like you to stop using them." Himiko said turning around, looking blankly into Kyoya's widened eyes. "These flowers are rare, and you can't keep plucking the petals off of them. If you really want to use the color, I suggest you dye some red rose petals." Looking down at the rose, she messed with one of the petals, feeling the smoothness of it under her finger. "It would be a true shame if these flowers were to vanish..."

Kyoya looked at Himiko with a shocked expression on his face, Himiko guessed that he wasn't expecting for her to say what she had said.

Before anything more could happen, Himiko heard a rustle in the bushes and a man popped out, covered in petals and leaves.

Grabbing onto Himiko, he held her arm tight, most likely going to leave a bruise.

"This is one of you body guards, right?" The man asked, a dark chuckle escaping his lips. "What a young little girl she is."

Himiko's instincts kicked up and she swiftly kicked her leg back, kicking him where the sun don't shine. Feeling his grip loosen, she pulled away suddenly. "Rin, Kimi!" She exclaimed.

"Kind of busy over here!" They both responded, rounding the corner while fighting a strong looking man and a sly looking women.

Scoffing, Himiko ran back to Kyoya, "Mr. Ootori, I need to get you to safety." She said, grabbing his hand and pulling him from the spot he was sitting in the gazebo, and ran him out and through the maze.

Left, right, left, left, left, right, right, left, right- no left.

Twisting and turning through the hedge maze, Himiko finally made her way out, she ran across campus with Kyoya's hand in her's, only stopping when she thought they were safe.

Taking a couple deep breaths, she let go of Kyoya's hand, leaning back against the tree. "You should be safe here." She breathed out, gaining her breath back. "I'm going back. Stay here," grabbing a dagger she has strapped to her leg under her dress, she heard a shout and saw Honey and Mori walking up to the two. "On second thought, stay with them."

"I didn't expect to see you two here!" Honey exclaimed.

"Yeah." Himiko said, acting as if nothing was happening. "If you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to get to." Quickly turning around, she headed away, not giving them a chance to ask where she was going.

'These assassination attempts are getting more frequent.' Himiko thought, 'And it's getting really annoying.'