Chapter 28

"Well, looks like my bait caught something. How interesting."

——————————-

In front of her, Himiko saw a man standing with a grin on his face.

Himiko held Miya's arm, keeping her trembling friend behind her and safe.

"I didn't expect Yoshiro to actually call another assassin organization to protect his son."

"Himi, who... who is this?" She asked.

"I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure you should be quiet." Himiko said quietly, glancing quickly back at her friend.

Miya nodded, keeping her mouth shut.

"Sorry, did I interrupt your little escape? Well, I had hoped to get someone by taking this child." He motioned towards Miya and snickered.

Himiko heard a sound from the vents and came to a realization, she took a step back, making it seem like she was starting to stand down. "Since you're trapping me in here... why are you going after Mr. Ootori?" She asked.

"Why? Well, we used to be business partners. Until he got greedy."

Himiko sighed, slightly unamused. "You've got to be kidding me." She muttered. "Are you seriously going after Mr. Ootori, just because of a stupid business feud? What the hell!" She exclaimed.

"Himiko, this is not a good time." Miya said, tugging a bit on her friends arm.

"No, I need to say this, that is probably the most cliche thing I've ever heard. What did he do, run off with the business, and you might want to close your eyes, just in case, alright." At the last part, Himiko glanced at Miya.

"O-okay." She muttered, and Himiko saw she closed her eyes just before looking back at the man standing in front of the two.

"Yes, that's exactly what he did! We could of been the two richest men in all of Japan!" The man exclaimed.

"I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to share some of his wealth, or, well, I don't think he would mind doing it, mainly because he want you off his back probably, and to stop having three more teens in his house." Himiko shrugged, and swiftly glanced towards the air vents.

The man in front of the two glanced behind him, "What do you keep looking at?" He asked, then he looked down, seeing Kimi staring up at him smiling, a gun in her hand pointed at his head.

"Now, I think you'll want to let my friends go, or you'll end up like your friends. Does that sound like a deal." The man was caught looking at her, and then he looked down, seeing two bodies on the ground, blood starting to pool under their heads.

"You wouldn't." He whispered, slightly terrified.

"What? You hired assassins and sent them after one of the richest men in Japan, and you didn't actually expect to be caught in the crossfire?" Another voice asked, and Himiko glanced beside her, seeing Rin walk up, he glanced at her and smiled.

The man backed away, stumbling over the body of his dead friend. "No-n-no. You ca-an't" he stuttered, staring up at Kimi with fear in his eyes as she pointed the gun towards his face.

"I'd beg to differ, you did just trip over your comrade." Kimi said, crouching so she was eye level with the man. "We'll leave you alone on one condition."

"Ple-ease, I-I-I-I I'll do a-anyt-thing!" The man stuttered.

"Anything?" Kimi asked. She raised the gun slightly, "We want you to call off your men, and stop pursuing Mr. Ootori, and his sons."

Rin walked forward, a grin on his face. "Here's the thing. We now know exactly what you look like, so you can try running, but I don't think you'll actually get away."

"So, what do you pick?" Kimi asked, looking down at him with a slightly murderous gaze.

"I-I'll call the-em off! I promise!" He shouted, getting to his feet, only to stumble over the body of his friend. Once he was able to get up, he ran down the hallway screaming.

"Well, that was easy. Big talk, no fight I guess." Rin said, walking out into the hallway. "Good fake blood, Kimi."

"Fake?" Himiko asked.

"It's a new tactic I've been working on." Kimi explains, nudging both of the men. "These guys are actually from the organization we are, I guess he didn't trust the other one to actually guard the warehouse well. Thanks for your help guys."

"Any time, Kimi!" The two exclaimed, sitting up.

"We'll see you back at HQ?" The one on the left asked, his green eyes sparkling.

"Maybe after this mission. I think it might be over soon."

"Well, hope we'll be seeing you soon!" The one with blue eyes said, and the two walked down the hall, joking and laughing as they walked.

"Hey, wasn't that-" Rin started.

"Yuhara and Kuroba?" Kimi asked, "Yeah, I actually spent a lot of time with them while you two spent a year and a half at those prissy rich schools, I didn't have anyone to talk too, you left me all alone!" She whined, scrunching up her face.

Himiko laughed and lightly punched her friend on the arm, "Alright, you can quit it you drama queen." She looked behind her, seeing Miya still with her eyes closed. She had to hold back a laugh, seeing her friends face scrunched up like the way it is. "You can open your eyes, now, Miya."

Miya blinked open her eyes, a smile breaking out on her face. "Himi, I'm so glad you're alive." She leaped forwards, wrapping her arms around her friend. "I thought we lost you."

"Well you kinda did-" Kimi started, only to stop when Himiko glared at her.

"Alright, we should get you out of here." Himiko said, once the two pulled away from their hug. "I don't think I want to stay in here any more than you do."

"Yeah. I'd prefer to not stay here any longer." Miya said, a relief in her face.

"Alright. I think your boyfriend is waiting anxiously for you at Mr. Ootori's house."

Miya blushed slightly, "Himi!" She shouted, slapping her friends arm, the two giggling.

"Well, let's get going." Kimi said, "I think we could all use the break, especially you and Rin~" Kimi taunted, causing both Himiko and Rin to blush.

With that, all of them decided to head to the Ootori's house, ready for a break.