Chapter 14

Shhh... Let's just... Let's just pretend I remembered to update this on Wednesday...
-Sin
----------------------

The next morning, Himiko was woken up by someone poking her arm, she turned around and glared at whoever was doing so, seeing Kimi staring at her.

"Come on sleepy head." She said. "We have to be alert, remember?"

"But Rin's watchin' him." Himiko grumbled, her eyes filled with sleep.

"Yeah, and you think Rin can take on multiple adult assassins alone?" Kimi asked, unamused.

Himiko sat up. "Fine." She muttered, her eyes still closed.

"Himi. Open your eyes."

"No. Sleep is a wonderful thing and I never want to leave."

"Himi." Kimi said, grabbing the covers from above Himiko and pulling them off.

Himiko let out a surprised shout at the sudden cold air. "Kimi! How could you do that do me?" She asked, almost screaming as she desperately tried to cling onto the warmth that was fading away.

Kimi just rolled her eyes and sighed. "Come on, let's go." She said. "Or I'll get Rin in here to pour water on your head."

Himiko looked at her friends serious face, and jumped out of her bed. "Kimi, you wouldn't!" She exclaimed, sending a glare Kimi's way.

"I totally would. Hey, it would be wise to not wake Haruhi just yet. Someone doesn't have their contacts in~"

Himiko's eyes widened, "Oh right." She had taken them out before she had fallen asleep. Opening the drawer of her side table, she took out the case. It looked like a normal contact case, so if anyone asked, she could say she had terrible eyesight.

Heading into the bathroom, she closed the door behind her, starting to work on putting the contacts in.

Once one was in, the door from the other side opened, and Himiko looked over towards it, her breath hitching.

Walking through the door, Himiko breathed a sigh of relief, seeing Rin standing there.

"Oh, Himi- Uh, I mean Sayuri, I didn't expect to see you." He said, acting normal despite Himiko having one ice blue eye and one dark brown eye.

"You have no idea how happy I am that it's you." Himiko muttered. "Now shut the door. I just need to get my contacts in and then I'll be out of here."

Rin nodded and shut the door behind him. The next minute or two of Himiko putting in her contact was mostly them standing in awkward silence. Himiko could feel her cheeks warming up slightly. Thankfully, she finished putting the contacts in, and now she had a pair of matching icy blue eyes.

"Aright. I'll see you downstairs?" Himiko asked.

Rin nodded, "Of course."

Himiko turned around and stepped out of the bathroom, seeing Kimi and Haruhi talking.

"Morning." Himiko said, getting the attention of the two.

"Morning Setsushi-senpai." Haruhi said.

Himiko looked at Haruhi, she hadn't talked with her much, so she's never really heard anyone call her senpai before. "Oh, um, Sayuri is just fine." She said, a smile on her face.

"Alright, Sayuri-senpai."

'That's not what I meant...' Himiko thought while keeping her face emotionless. "Should we head downstairs? I think I hear some people down there already."