Chapter 8

The rest of the weekend passed by quickly, and Himiko soon found herself sitting in front of Kyoya as she listened to him sweet talk the other girls. Plastering on that fake smile and personality.

Himiko just rested her chin in her hand and sighed, gazing around the room with boredom, until she saw two shadows move across the window. Getting suspicious, she stood up suddenly, getting the attention of the girls around her and Kyoya, who trailed off from what he was originally saying.

"Miss Setsushi?" He asked.

Himiko just gave him a look, then walked out of the room, ignoring the looks from both the hosts and the girls as she exited the music room.

She heard a pair of feet land on the ground and quickly glanced behind her, seeing Rin.

"Ki's staying and keeping an eye on Ootori." He said, "You got up quite abruptly, I'm assuming you saw something?"

Himiko nodded, "Yeah, Just something I want to investigate, you can never be too careful."

Rin made a grunt of agreement and the two started to walk down the hallway silently, stepping lightly so their footsteps wouldn't make any noise. They soon got to a corner and Himiko stopped as she heard some footsteps and some deep voices of men older than the average high school student.

"So we're tasked to off this rich kid?" A man asked in a slightly hushed voice. "Man, this'll be easy as pie."

"I'm not so sure." The other one said, "When that rookie got back yesterday, he was claiming something about one of the kids friends caught his dart."

"So what? He was a rookie. Most likely bluffing because he hit himself with his own blow dart."

The footsteps got closer, and the two men turned the corner, stopping when they saw Himiko and Rin standing there, looking at him calmly.

"Move aside brats, we have somewhere to get to." One of them men, he was the one saying that the rookie was bluffing.

"Oh, where do you need to go?" Himiko asked calmly, her face showing no hint of emotion and her eyes cold. "To kill the third Ootori son?"

The two tensed up, then they both grabbed something from their pockets, the blades of daggers shining as they lunged.

Himiko glanced at Rin and the two easily sidestepped and dodged.

"You get the one on the right, I'll get the left." Rin said, Himiko just nodded.

"Make sure not to leave a mess." Himiko said, a smile creeping onto her face.

"You're no fun." Rin teased with a grin.

Himiko just rolled her eyes then lunged at the one on the right, dodging his attacks, she swiftly moved and punched him in the nose, making him stumble back a step or two, holding his nose. He moved his hand away, revealing a bloody nose.

"Whoops, I think I may of broken it~" Himiko said sweetly with a giggle, her original personality breaking through at the act. "Let me try to fix that." She lunged again , but felt a sudden pain in her palm. Pulling away, she glanced at her hand quickly, seeing blood welling out of the cut and dropping on the ground. "Alright, let's get this done quickly. I don't want anyone accidentally walking in on this." She clenched her hand to stop the blood from dripping out onto the ground and parted her lips, letting out a wordless song.

The man in front of her looked at her for a moment, then his eyes widened, "The Siren." He whispered. "I thought you were a ledgend." His body relaxed, and his eyes became half lidded. Quickly, Himiko knocked him out easily with a swift kick to the head, he landed on the ground with a thud as she let the wordless song she was singing fade away into silence.

"Well, I'm glad I put these in." Rin said walking up to Himiko while popping ear plugs out.

"You mean you didn't want to hear my lovely singing?" Himiko asked in mock sorrow.

Rin just gave her a slight shove with his elbow and looked at the two men who had been knocked out in front of them. "What should we do with them? I don't think we should leave them here." He nudged one of the men with his foot.

Himiko thought for a moment, "Let's just kick them out and call the cops."

"Sounds easy." Rin started. "Aight, I'm up for it." He said with a shrug.

A couple minutes later, the two knocked out men were laying against the wall and the cops had been called, and would be arriving any minute now.

"Should we get back to the Music Room?" Himiko asked.

"Not before I take care of your cut." Rin said, grabbing Himiko's injured hand.

"Oh, right. Guess I forgot about that." She said, opening her palm to see that it was completely covered in blood, watching as it trickled to the side of her hand and started to fall to the ground, staining the sidewalk with her blood.

"We'll have to head to the nurses office for bandages." Rin said, "My book bag is with Kimi currently and I don't want to bother her."

Himiko just nodded, following Rin back into the building and down the halls to the nurses office, luckily, there was nobody in there.

"Sit here." Rin said, patting one of the beds.

Himiko just nodded and sat down, surprised on how comfy the bed was, then she watched as Rin grabbed some sanitizing wipes, anti-bacteria spray and some bandages and got to work, cleaning up her hand and spraying the cut with anti-bacteria before he started to wrap it around her hand.

Once he finished, he sat back, "There, I'm do-" He started, but was suddenly interrupted by a shout.

"What happened to you?!" A familiar idiotic voice exclaimed quite loudly.

"Oh shit." Himiko muttered under her breath.