Chapter 5

Alrighty! There is now an update schedule for this book. Every Wednesday I'll publish a chapter!
-Sin
---------------- ----------------

Himiko followed Miya to a familiar music room. It almost felt like old times, the only difference was that they didn't talk the whole way there.

After the whole incident before, Miya was quiet the whole time they walked, staring into the distance.

Was my death... That damaging to them? Himiko thought to herself, watching Miya walk in front of her sadly. Before Himiko could say anything to Miya, the two were at the music room.

"It's in here." Miya said, any trace of sadness from her voice had vanished. "What host are you going to choose?"

Himiko thought for a moment, "Kyoya." She said simply, still keeping the emotion out of her voice, despite the grief in her chest.

"Why him? He's manipulative."

Himiko shrugged. "He's interesting." She said simply, waiting with Miya in the crowd of girls.

"Really?" Miya asked, "I guess that's why girls request him." She muttered quietly, seeming to be lost in thought.

Himiko just shrugged, hearing the squealing get louder as the door opened and rose petals flew out. Though what caught Himiko's attention was that red petals weren't the only ones flying out. Mixed in, there were a few black rose petals too.

"Black rose petals...?"

"It's a memorial to my friend." Miya said quietly. "It was based off of a school project."

"A... Project?" Himiko asked, knowing all to well what Miya was talking about.

"We had to pick a rose." Miya started, "She picked a black rose." She let out a small laugh, "I guess it kind of described her. A black rose means death."

"It also means rebirth." Himiko blurted out, quickly placing a hand over her mouth and feel her eyes widen in surprise. Quickly she took a breath and her face was emotionless again.

"Re.. Birth?" Miya asked, looking at Himiko with wide eyes. "What are you trying to say, Sayuri?" She asked.

Himiko had to stop herself from wincing at the new name coming out of her old friends mouth, thankfully she managed to stay emotionless. "I looked up the meaning of a black rose because I was curious." She said simply. "And I read up that though many people think that the black rose means death and hatred, it also means rejuvenation and rebirth."

"I wish I could believe you that she'll come back." Miya muttered quietly, her eyes watering, "But I watched her stab herself in the chest." The last part was in a whisper, and Himiko watched as a tear fell down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Mi." She said in a whisper, not loud enough for Miya to hear. Instead, she placed a finger up to her friends face, wiping away the tear. "Please. Don't cry." She said, a sad smile on her face. "I wouldn't want you to ruin that makeup."

Miya looked at her, sniffling and letting out a small laugh. "You're just so much like her." She said, her voice shaking slightly. "I'm sorry for being like this in front of you."

Himiko smiled slightly, "It's alright." She said softly. Looking up, she saw that most of the girls were already inside. "I think it might be time for us to go in though."