Chapter 27

The three of them snuck out from where they were hiding, moving undetected past the guard, who seemed to be asleep.

"What kind of assassin sleeps on the job." Kimi whispered, only to be shushed by the other two. She sighed, but remained quiet.

Once the three were inside, they spread out slightly, Kimi took the vents on the left, Rin took the ones on the right, and Himiko took the hallway.

As she walked down, she kept to the side, her hand firmly wrapped around the dagger she had brought. She stayed near the walls, shadows falling over her and hiding her presence mostly from anyone who passed.

She looked forwards, seeing two people standing guard at a door. She was much further in the warehouse this time than she was during her test. It was darker. Though she was suspicious of the lack of guards, and the one in the front was asleep, these people weren't good at their jobs.

As she approached the two, she opened her mouth and started a wordless song. It had been a while since she had sung, and her voice cracked slightly at the beginning, but soon returned to the smooth siren-like sound that she used to entrance those who heard it.

The one who was awake looked at her, he raised his weapons to attack, only for them to drop to his sides.

Continuing the song, Himiko walked up to the two, the one awake just stared at her, his eyes slightly glazed over. Opening the door, she swiftly walked in and cut off her voice, the man outside muttered something to himself, but didn't make a move towards the door, so Himiko assumed she was safe.

"Hello?" Someone called out, and Himiko looked in front of her, seeing. Blindfolded Miya in a chair.

"Miya." Himiko breathed in relief, "I'm so glad I found you." She started to walk towards her friend.

"Who are you?" Miya asked, and Himiko stopped, and took a deep breath.

"You know who I am." She responded.

"There's no way you're her. She... she's dead."

Himiko started to walk towards her again, a smile on her face as she took off her friends blindfold. "I'd hope you'd think again, Miya." She said. "I'd hate for you to be blind to the truth." She chuckled slightly, looking at the shock on her friends face.

"Himi... I can't... I can't believe it's you." She breathed out, and her eyes started to water. "Untie me you idiot and let me hug you!"

Himiko placed her finger up to her mouth and pointed towards the door, "I'd suggest you be quiet." She whispered.

Miya nodded and Himiko moved to behind the chair, starting to untie the ropes.

"Alright, you're free." Himiko said, and Miya jumped up from the chair rubbing her wrists.

"Man, that hurt." She groaned, then the looked behind her at Himiko, "I can't believe you're alive." She said, her eyes watering and she walked up to her, wrapping her arms around her friend and knocking off her hood.

Miya pulled away, and looked at her, her eyes widening. "Sayuri?"

"Yeah, that was my undercover name..."

"Why'd you come back to Ouran?"

"Why, I couldn't just leave my favorite person behind, now could I?" Himiko said smoothly.

Miya blushed and covered her face. "Yep, you're Himiko."

Himiko smiled, "Yoshiro Ootori hired us to protect Kyoya from Assassin attempts." She explained, giving her friend a real answer.

"Assassin... hired? Himiko, what... are you?"

"I'm an assassin, you, unfortunately were dragged into that life one too many times, and I'm sorry for that. Let's get you out of here. I don't think you'd want to be here anymore." After seeing the confused look on her face, she smiled, "I'll explain everything to you later, that work?"

"Yeah." Miya whispered, nodding.

"Alright, now let's get out of their place, alright?" She stated with a smiled and her started to walk out, opening the door, Himiko took a sudden step back and pulled her friend behind her, "Stay behind me." She commanded.

"Well, looks like my bait caught something. How interesting."