15: Missing in Action

She said she won't pry anymore after what happened that night and she didn't

She said she won't pry anymore after what happened that night and she didn't. But she didn't expect that she won't see Judah for three consecutive days because of it. Well maybe it wasn't really the reason why he suddenly disappeared but one can never really predict the guy's next move.

It started the day her friends slept over. They decided to hang out at her dorm and went home around five in the afternoon. She never heard anything from the guy all day and the next two after that. He didn't even show up even once. Of course she was worried and Judah's would cross her mind from time to time.

But reason would then remind her about priorities so she used his absence to focus on her studies and training. So far, it successfully distracted her from over-thinking and stressing about him... except when the clock strikes 4AM.

These days it was worse than ever. With training, it's expected she'd come home very exhausted and in dire need of sleep, but the wicked curse would always interrupt with an unknown song playing in her head and the thoughts of that ice prince with coffee-colored eyes.

"Hey Li, are you even listening?," Rylie whined from the other line.

"Of course," she replied while surfing through the internet for some new fonts and PSD's. She got a text from her boss asking if she could do one last commission for a self-publishing writer. It's the weekend and she's done with all her school works so why not?

"Oh really? What am I saying then?," her best friend challenged.

"That you've been chatting with this anonymous guy for three days, and you just thought of telling me now because he asked you to meet up with him later," she said nonchalantly, thanking the heavens for her ability to multi-task.

She heard her sigh, "so? What do you think? Should I?"

"Why are you even asking me?," she chuckled. "I know whatever I say, if you really want to meet him, you will. And based on your giddy tone right now, I think you want to know who he is, so go and meet him. Just bring one of your butlers or a bodyguard—ah wait, your chauffeur would suffice."

"Why are you always right? I hate it," Rylie complained, putting a smile on her face. The other line went silent for a while and she instantly knew what her friend's going to say next. "Heard any news about him?," as expected.

"Nope," she leaned back the couch before absentmindedly staring at her plain cream-painted ceiling.

"How long was it?"

"It's the fourth day now."

"Maybe he's busy with something. You know, being the President's son and all..." Rylie drawled.

"What if it's happening again, Ryle? Just like what happened with Yosef and the guys—"

"Stop right there Liandra," her best friend uttered with a hard tone. "We both know what happened two years ago was caused by your brother. Besides, it's impossible Judah would stop because of Jacob, the guy won't ever listen to your brother."