26: Puzzle Pieces

She looked down instead of turning around as his hurried footsteps resounded from behind her

She looked down instead of turning around as his hurried footsteps resounded from behind her. She was suddenly engulfed in a hug seconds after. Too familiar arms held her insanely tight. She didn't know if they were the reason she couldn't breathe, or was it the fast beating of her heart? Still, she forced herself not to look up, causing him to hold both sides of her face and gently pull it up himself.

"You decided to run away, drive me crazy and when you finally thought of coming back you're just going to avoid looking at me? What the hell's happening? Tell me everything Doll," Jungkook said with a frown marring his face.

"Should I? 'Cause whenever it's me who's asking, you won't tell me even the slightest hint," she said with an emotionless mask. It was obvious Jungkook was taken aback, making his hold on her loosen.

His eyes turned cold from the worried gaze they had earlier, making Lisa falter a bit but she quickly redeemed her act. "Don't tell me then, the hell I care," he spat. Those words, she sure didn't expect. "What's important now is you're here and you're unharmed," he added and was about to pull her inside when she suddenly stepped back from him.

"Good," she uttered with a hard voice. "Don't touch me again, don't speak to me, don't spare me a glance... let's be strangers to each other." She said all those words while looking straight into his eyes. The exhaustion was evident in them, but she can't let guilt affect her now or her plans would just go to waste.

He smirked and she watched as his shaking hand raked through his messy brown locks. It seems like he has been doing that many times already because of how unruly his hair looks. "Babydoll what's our problem?" He said in a quiet voice, enough for her to hear.

"Just let me be the one who will do the protecting this time," she almost plead before taking more steps away from him and facing the house. Before Jungkook could utter a reply, the gates opened and out ran Rosé followed by Jisoo and Jen.

"What were you thinking?!" Her bestfriend exclaimed the second they hugged, then she immediately released her and checked her from head to toe. "Are you hurt somewhere? Are you hungry? Where did you sleep last night? Were youㅡ"

"Ro, relax," she tried, calming her down but knowing Rosé, it obviously had no effect.

"Relax? What do you mean relax? You just disappeared for an entire day! How can Iㅡ"

"She's right Ro, calm the fuck down will you?" Jennie quipped before smirking at Lisa. "I was about to tell them, just right on time Wang." The four of them were the only ones who heard Jen's words and before Rosé could even protest, Jisoo quickly beat her to it.

"You need rest, let's come inside and talk about what happened," the ever-reasonable Jisoo said, glancing at the guys.

It made Lisa look at them too, "I'm sorry for being such a burden," she apologetically said before sighing. "Ro, can you call my brother? I'll just go home and rest there instead."