21: The Ultimatum

Lisa's POV

She woke up with the sound of familiar voices around. White. Everything was white, and the side of her face felt cold too. That's when she was reminded of what happened back in her apartment. Intense worry engulfed her ㅡ not for herself but for her brother and especially Jungkook, who not once defended himself.

"Liz? Oh God, we were so worried!" Rosé's breathless voice reached her ears causing her head to absentmindedly turn to her. But her bestfriend isn't alone; standing beside her were Jennie and Jisoo.

She looked at the digital clock on the bedside table and frowned. "You should be in school right now, why are you here? How about exams?"

"We're the ones who should be asking that!" Jisoo exclaimed, her motherly side appearing yet again. "We're lucky Ms. Song allowed us to tag along and just take special exams with you."

"Ms. Song?" She's here?

"Look Liz," Jen started. "Your neighbor? The Taiwanese lady? Mrs. Lai isn't it?" Lisa nodded. "Apparently, she heard the commotion in your unit and came out to check, but it's too late and she saw your brother punch you. So long story short, she called the police and the police called Directress because they have no contact with your parents. Your brother won't open his mouth, he's still in shock."

My goodness, everything lead to that? She thought, and was about to massage her temple when Jisoo immediately stopped her hand. "Don't touch it," the girl simply said, making her remember about her bruise.

She smiled at her gratefully. "Where are they now?" The girls looked at each other hesitantly, causing her to tense up. What happened? The thought echoed in her mind.

Rosé sighed, "they are sent to the police station andㅡ"

"Oh no. That's not necessary Iㅡ"

"Don't worry Liz, Coach-nim went there to sort things out," Rosé tried reassuring her but it obviously has no effect. Negative scenarios continued to plague her mind. She can explain everything! She was there when it happened, she should be there with them.

"I can explain, I'm a witness. Let's go to the police station, I'm gonna talk to them." She was about to stand up when Jisoo halted her again.

"Lisa please, Coach-nim will fix everything. You need some rest."

"But Jisoo Iㅡ"

"Listen to her Lisa," their heads snapped towards the door and found their History professor standing beside it. She started walking towards her before giving her a tight-lipped smile. "Oh Liz, you're hurt already, don't make it worse."

She closed her eyes when she saw sadness in her mentor's eyes. Professor Song Hye Kyo was undeniably close to her ㅡ other than her Coach of course. She was the one who would somehow always understand her situation, for she was also an heiress before she decided to pursue her teaching career. She was there always asking if everything's okay or if she needs help at anything.

But now, she can't will herself to hear her professor and her friends out. "But if I stay here, it would hurt more. I need to see what's happening. I need to know Sonsaengnim."

"You love that boy, Lisa?" Kyo suddenly asked, making her eyes widen before she lowered her gaze.

"I- I can't say it's love butㅡ"

"You know it will be. You already accepted the fact that you will be helplessly in love with him sooner or later, right?"

"He affects me in more ways than one. I had no idea it would be possible to fall for someone in such a short time," she shyly uttered, waiting for her professor to scold her or tell her to stop and focus in her studies.