28: Forgotten Little Boy

Flashback

Flashback

The twelve-year old boy would absentmindedly glance back to where his nine-year old little sister is, from time to time. As usual, Lisa was just sitting on her favorite spot ㅡ the wooden bench under a tree on the corner of the playground ㅡ while playing with her favorite Little Mermaid doll.

He was now playing soccer with his friends while Lisa was left alone by herself, but he doesn't worry that much because his sister is a good girl. Their mother left for a while to buy some groceries at the nearby supermarket. Besides, some of her mom's friends which are the other kids' mothers or babysitters were also here to look out for them.

He smiled when he saw Lisa finally having her favorite company ㅡ her 'bestfriend,' Yeomie. The moment he saw the smiles on their faces, he decided to start focusing on their game instead.

In the middle of their play, one of his friend's mom called for him, stopping the game for a moment. He immediately ran towards his backpack and reached for his water bottle to quench his thirst. He then turned to where his sister is and unlike earlier, the little girl has a frown marring her cute face now.

He chuckled, of course if there's Yeomie, there's Kookie. While the one is the prince, the other one is the beast ㅡ her sister's words, not his. He just shook his head, it's the usual set up for the three and he got used to their playful banters. It's part of their childhood, his mom would always say.

Their friend came back and the game resumed. Jackson is an active kid, he loves sports and he excels in it. Everyday, when his father comes home from work, he would always play with him for an hour and evaluate his improvements. He loves his dad so much but he hates it when he starts asking about school. He's not that good in studying, he just wants to play. Lisa is the smart one between the two of them.

He was about to kick the ball towards one of his teammates when he gestured for him to stop, which he confusingly did. Once he stopped moving, he instantly heard it ㅡ the familiar shrill cry of his baby sister. He quickly turned to her direction and found her glaring daggers at Kook while crying loudly.

"That JK kid made your sister cry again, you better go there Jack," Warren ㅡ his friend ㅡ said laughingly. Jackson sighed in exasperation, that boy tsk.

He began walking towards where the three are when it happened.

Lisa suddenly turned and started running away, his eyes widened as he hurriedly fasten his pace. He looked where she is running to and was immediately filled with panic when he saw her running towards the open road beside the playground.

"Lisa! LISA STOP!" He yelled and pushed his legs to run faster. Other people started to notice what's happening too, causing them to react loudly and also run after the little girl.