24: Such a Small World

The insistent poking didn't stop, annoying her to the extent

The insistent poking didn't stop, annoying her to the extent. She slowly sat up, instantly feeling the stiffness of her neck and the numbness of her arms where she laid her head all night. She rubbed her eyes and squinted at the bright morning sunlight from the glass wall in front of her.

"Is this your house Unnie?" She almost jumped on her seat as she instantly turned to the tiny figure beside her. She found a girl holding a yogurt drink and looking questionably at her. "You were sleeping here, is this your house then?"

Her lips parted as she tries to come up with any reasonable answer. "Uhh no, I just took a nap. This is a convenience store, no one really lives here."

The girl's mouth formed into an 'O,' "is that so? But I would love to live here, there's so many food!"

She smiled and was about to reply when a voice called out; "Haru-ah!"

"Appa!" The girl ㅡ Haru ㅡ ran towards her dad who readily scooped her up in his arms before turning to Lisa.

"I'm sorry, did she bother you?" The man kindly asked.

She immediately shook her head, "no, she's really a good girl. Don't worry," she said smiling at Haru.

"Ah that's good," he nodded as he looked back at his daughter. "Haru, say bye to Unnie now."

"Buh-bye Unnie," the girl shyly waved.

Lisa stood up and bowed which was gladly returned by the man. "Bye Haru!" She exclaimed, waving at the girl.

"Have a nice day," the man bid before they finally walked out of the store.

○●○●

She came out of the convenience store with a cup of ice-cold coffee cradled in her hands. It was obvious the worker found her weird for drinking such cool drink in the morning but she just shrugged it off. It was only 7AM and right now, she successfully ignored her mind's attempts of reminding her of the events yesterday. She has this entire day all by herself, she won't let it be wasted by the dramas of her life.

Her attention was caught by the news stand beside the store's entrance. She reached for one of the spreadsheets in it which has the face of the President on the front page.

'The Presidential Opinion to the Sudden Deaths of Two of the Nation's Favorite Politicians,' the headline says followed by the subheadline; 'Pres. Jeon Gives Statement About the Possible Involvement of Assemblyman Oh's Death to Minister Han's Assasination 2 Years Ago'

Her conversation with the girls entered her mind but before it even gets any further, she quickly put the newspaper back on the stand and shook her head. Not now, remember? It's your time to relax Lisa! Stop thinking about anything that could remind you of Jungkook!