38: I Love You

She came out of the restaurant with a newfound strength coursing through her veins

She came out of the restaurant with a newfound strength coursing through her veins. Mark was already waiting outside, standing beside his car. She smiled as she saw him and was about to walk towards him when she abruptly stopped.

Her eyes turned to the newly-arrived car behind Mark's and immediately identified whose car was it. Her assumptions was proven right when the driver's door opened and the brown-haired guy came out. But what made her stare more was the figure who came out of the passenger's side afterwards.

The sight made it hard for her to breathe and she could almost feel her heart painfully beat inside her chest. She didn't dare avert her eyes from the scene as Jiyeon smiled at Jungkook brightly. Kook was about to walk around towards her when he caught sight of Lisa ㅡ finally. His eyes momentarily widened as she clenched her fists and shakily smiled at him.

Calm down Lisa, it's your chance.

She sauntered towards them with the small smile painted on her face, "you're back," she uttered before bowing at Jiyeon. "Unnie, can I talk to him for a few minutes? I promise I'll give him back to you." Her words' meaning was intentional and it sure didn't escape Jiyeon's ears making her reluctantly nod.

"I'll wait inside," Jennie's sister said before heading inside the restaurant. Lisa glanced at Mark and found him nodding at her, giving his permission.

"Can we please talk?" She silently muttered.

Jungkook has a deep frown on his face, "the way you spoke to Jiyeon-noona, it's likeㅡ don't ever tell her you'll give me back to her, it's not like that. Don't overthink this."

She let out a forced chuckle, "it's just an expression, so let's go?" She didn't bother waiting for him to agree and just turned her back before sauntering to the mini park beside the resto.

She stopped in front of a beautiful display of various succulents at the corner, and smiled when she felt his familiar presence behind her. "You're here to eat breakfast too?" She asked, starting the conversation.

"Yes, Uncle and Auntie invited me to eat with them. They also asked me to fetch Jiyeon from the hospital so we could all eat out together." Somehow, his words calmed her racing heart a bit, making her face him again.

"It was painful for a while but then I remember I should trust you," she admitted, obviously shocking him.

"Is that why you said those words to her? Don't you think I won't understand what you meant?" His brows furrowed as he nearly took a step back in dismay.

"You can't blame me," the cold wind blew the second she said those words. Dried leaves flew around them as she was able to stare into his eyes again.