19: Dinner Date

REVISIONS STOPPED AT THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER SO THE CHARACTERS' NAMES WILL GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ONES (LISA, JUNGKOOK, ETC.) FROM HERE ON. SORRY, LIFE HAPPENED.

***

Lisa's POV

She felt him bite her lower lip one last time before breaking the kiss. "Hi," she uttered with heated cheeks, making him smirk.

"I'm not done with dinner yet so you just laze around here and do everything you want, okay?" She added, kissing his cheek again and pulling him towards the couch. She made him sit there, smiled and turned to go back in the kitchen. Throughout the whole ordeal, Jungkook was just amusingly looking at her.

Lisa got back to work, more focused now that Jungkook is already waiting for her ㅡ she needs to speed up a bit. After a few minutes of cooking in silence, she felt his presence even before he spoke. She automatically glanced back and found him sitting on the kitchen stool watching her.

"Kook-ah... go back there please," she whined with her back facing him.

"I'm bored. I'll just watch you," he said, the teasing tone in his voice not escaping her ears.

"But it's awkward," she turned to him momentarily with a frown but was only responded by a chuckle.

"You're the one making it awkward," he nonchalantly replied.

She sighed, facing the frying pan once more. "Talk to me then," she offered. At least when they talk, his stare wouldn't make her feel like she's about to burst because of giddiness.

"Is he still following you around?" The question was so abrupt it made her freeze for a second, until she realized who he was talking about. Yugyeom. Her mind whispered like it was a name that shouldn't be mentioned whenever she's with Jungkook.

"I haven't seen him since that night," she replied, short but honest.

"Have you ever felt like you were being followed? I mean, on those days I wasn't here."

She glanced at him and gave him a tight-lipped smile. "I didn't, really. Since that night, nothing happened. Besides, I was busy reviewing for the exams and my trainings too so it felt like everything just went back to normal. Don't worry okay? You already have so much on your plate, I promise I'll always be safe so you don't have to worry."

"Promise me one last thing," he said.

"Hmm?" She absentmindedly hummed, not focusing on what he's saying because she was tasting the sauce she made.

"I'll be the first one you'll call if ever you felt strange or you think something bad will happen." She heard his words clearly this time, and immediately faced him with a curious gaze after switching off the stove.

"You know in most books I read, whenever a character said those lines, there's a great possibility that something will really happen. It's called foreshadowing," she kidded while getting a pair of plates and utensils from the drawer.

She heard him scoff, causing her to bite her lip to stop the laughter threatening to spill from her mouth. "This isn't a joking matter Doll," he exasperatedly said.

She set the plates down the counter and walked towards him before standing in between his legs. "I'm not joking Jungkook. I know there are many things that you're hiding from me, and maybe among those things is the reason why you are so protective of me." She touched his face with both hands and gently fixed the strands of hair on his forehead.

"Am I in danger?" She started again, watching his shoulders instantly become rigid. "Why? Was it because I met you? Or was it because I am Wang Jackson's sister? Who put me in danger? Was it you? Was it my brother? Was it your enemies? Or was it my brother's enemies?"