And then I fainted.

(A/N: Sick! Reader x Akira. Good times, amirite? SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG. School's about to start soon as well so that's gonna suck ass, but oh well. I made some anime references. And a book reference. They're pretty obvious, but I have my fingers crossed hoping you'll understand them ( ' ▽ ' ))

I sneezed again, wrinkling my nose in a tissue. Of all days to be sick, my body chose today. I was supposed to meet up with my friends, but I guess I'll have to cancel.

I sat up and reluctantly reached for my phone. My red-faced self was practically hyperventilating from the slight movement, and I suddenly felt very light-headed. I clutched my head, trying to relieve the pain. Ugh. I fought through the headache, and got my phone and unlocked it. I pressed the messages icon and our chat from yesterday popped up. Before I could even start writing an apology, Ann texted the group chat.

Ann: We're all here, (N/N)! What's taking so long? At this rate we'll go without you!!

I sighed, and quickly typed a response. Well, as fast as I could through my hazy vision. Ann was an impatient person, especially when she was this excited. I hate letting her down like this.

I paused before hitting send, my face flushing even more than it was before.

I especially hate letting Akira down like this.

I had a crush on the oblivious black-haired hottie. It tormented me day and night, and there was rarely a time I could get him out of my head. But, like the stereotypically non-observant crush he was, I knew he'd never understand. I shook my head and pressed send, flopping back onto my bed in exhaustion.

(Y/N): I'm really sorry, guys, but I got really sick. I can't make it. Forgive me?~~ o(〒﹏〒)o

My phone buzzed in my hand immediately, and I was almost afraid to check it. I sighed and waved off my trepidation, holding the screen up over my face. My eyes took a couple seconds to focus on it, but eventually I could make out the writing.

Ann: Aww, sweetie, it's alright. Akira said he'd come over and help you feel better~ Guess you'll have to wait to watch *insert amazing movie title here* ( ' ∀ ')ノ~ ♡

If possible, I blushed even more, the red tint making its way to the top of my ears. Akira?! Coming over here?! Ann knew about my feelings towards him. In fact, practically everyone in the group did, excluding him, of course. Well, I take that back. Anyone with a brain could tell he made my heart go "doki doki". Which excludes Ryuji and Yusuke as well. Of course. The blond wouldn't know love if it hit him in the face. And Yusuke... you know what? That doesn't even deserve an explanation. I quickly cut my own thoughts off with another, more important one. Wait, he's actually coming?! There's no way I'll survive.

I groaned and rubbed my face with my hands. I didn't want him to see me like this. I don't want him to think of me as weak, especially since I only just joined the Phantom Thieves. That would be a terrible first impression. I want to fight with him. I mean, with everyone.

I mean, I knew Akira before I discovered the Metaverse and Phantom Thieves, etc. But I had a crush on him before as well! Knowing he was the actual leader of the notorious group of thieves only made him that much cooler.

On a side note, I'm still not used to the talking cat. Apparently everyone else was totally fine with it, and adapted quickly. But... how? Like, it's a talking cat. How mentally unstable do you have to be to find that sort of thing normal? Or, maybe I'm just exaggerating and blah blah blah.

My phone buzzed again, and I looked down at it, expecting some teasing message from Futaba. Something along the lines of "Fufufu, I totally have the entire place wiretapped, don't misbehave~". Ugh. My screen, to my surprise, displayed something different.