(Part 2 of "Rumors") Of Mints and Cherry Blossoms

(A/N: I wanted to do a winter date, but halfway through I remembered that the first part took place in around May-ish I think, so we'll save that for another chapter ;D

(F/G: Favorite genre) Note: I'll do a movie date but that's not this chappie either, folks. Sorry it took so long to update. It's cause I transferred schools AGAIN. TT^TT But that's still just an excuse. Hopefully this makes up for it?)

I slowly made my way to school, my eyes trained on my shoes. Ever since yesterday, I had been both excited and... nervous. Well, I mean, who wouldn't be? A random guy practically shoved me into a broom closet and asked me out on a date. Or, not "asked", per se, but, y'know.

I shook my head, a blush creeping up my neck. I couldn't get him out of my head. Who knew someone could take up almost every inch of my mind so effortlessly.

Hell, that whole "hug" thing was probably just an act to get my guard down. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point.

I fingered the note in my pocket. I found it in my bag this morning. My notebook had been hiding under my bed and I spent most of my breakfast time looking for it. It was only after I had returned it to my bag that I had seen an unfamiliar paper sticking out of one of the pockets.

Normally, I'd just poke it back in and zip up the bag, as it probably would've been just another crumpled up assignment that had made its way up from the deep depths of my black hole of a backpack. But the note was delicate and had a lacy, floral pattern on it. It looked like I got a confession letter from a girl. I should've known it wasn't. I shouldn't have even opened it.

But, of course, I had to go and read the note.

And now it was the only thing on my mind. Of course I wouldn't be able to even think about paying attention in class. Geez, what did this guy have in store for me?

I tried to resist looking at it. I tried to forget about it. Alas, it's not that easy.

I pulled it out again, my eyes tracing the familiar words for the umpteenth time.

I hope you haven't forgotten about our little meeting tomorrow, (Y/N). I certainly won't let you. But, what's the point in a guy giving a girl a love letter if there isn't a poem in it, right?

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Your eyes are so pretty

When I look at you.

Is that cheesy enough? I've been told girls like that kinda stuff. Though you're obviously not going to be easy enough to win over with just a couple of words. See you after school. I'll be out front, you can't miss me.

I sighed. No way in hell. I'm not going. I refuse. He just caught me at a bad time, and I felt bad for him. That doesn't even count as a bona-fide date. Did I accept? No. There you go.

I stuffed the note into my pocket, making it more crumpled than it already was from the amount of times I'd done that. If I wasn't curious, I wouldn't be dwelling on it this much. I hated when I was right sometimes.

Where would he take me? I mean, I wouldn't let him take me anywhere, just because I hadn't accepted, but still. For curiosity's sake, of course. He seems like the person to hang around Shinjuku, but then again, what do I really know about this guy? Maybe he'd take me to the arcade. Could win me some sort of plushie in Akihabara. That's what dates are all about, right? Or maybe he'd take me to the movies. I could do with some popcorn and a nice (F/G) movie.

I mentally berated myself. No. I have standards. Some guy can't just barge into my life and throw me into a closet and make me feel feelings and then say "it's a date". He'll have to try harder than that.