Rumors

(A/N: Aww, Makoto is so adorable ^^

This will take place earlier on in the game. Like, really early. Alright I'll shut up, you didn't come here for author's notes after all.)

My friend was the first one he had told. Then, my friend immediately came to me about it. She whispered this around the entire school. Now anyone who was anyone knew about the dangerous transfer student. Why Kamoshida would spread this was beyond me, but hey, he was good at his job, right? I wasn't in any place to ask questions.

So, I didn't. I accepted the fact that, any day now, a dangerous student would start to attend school. It was a frightening thought, to say the least. Danger? At Shujin Academy? Who would've thought.

I sighed, shaking my head. I was the first into class, as usual. I sat in the way back, something only a main character could do. Go me. But seriously, Ms. Kawakami couldn't care less where I sat. She never really interacted with me, either. Hell, I doubt she knew my name. I was one of the more, "ghosted over" type students. You'd only notice I was in the same class as you if I actually spoke to you. Not that this was necessarily a bad thing. If I was a transfer student, I'm sure I'd get pestered with unwanted questions. But... I imagined the newest student in my mind. A burly individual that snarled at everyone and randomly broke desks and students like the Hulk came to mind. I shook my head, shivering. Definitely not someone I want to associate with. No thank you!

Students started to filter into the classroom, some sitting at their respective desks, others chatting with their friends in clusters. I turned around in my seat to go through my backpack. I heard Ms. K's grumpy voice call out, "Alright everyone, settle down. I'll be introducing the transfer student. Get along." I rummaged through my backpack still, not noticing someone walk to the seat in front of me and sit down. Where the hell did I put my pencil? I groaned, slapping my forehead. Don't tell me it fell to the bottom of the bag! I sighed and chose to turn around. I'll just ask someone else for a pencil.

I saw the guy in front of me and sighed in relief. He looked like he might have a pencil on him. I smiled at my stroke of luck, and tapped the guy's shoulder. He turned around and cocked a brow, "Yes?" I blinked. Wow, I didn't think he'd be so attractive. Who even is this guy? I smiled sheepishly, "Can I borrow a pencil? Sorry, I won't ask everyday. Just this once?" He nodded kindly and poked through his bag, before retrieving and handing me a pencil. I thanked him quietly and he turned back around.

Ms. Kawakami started to ramble on about the upcoming volleyball stuff. I yawned, turning my head to look outside the window. I rested my hand underneath my head, it being the only support I had right now. Geez, I'm tired. Why does school have to start so early? I twirled my pencil with my other hand, my fingers nimbly twisting it this way and that.

As soon as it started, class ended, and I rubbed my eyes. I tucked the pencil behind my ear and set off to go find Makoto, my study partner. A year above me, she helped me study the curriculum as well as any teacher could. Today, we'd be going out to a cafe and studying there. Sojiro's place. We'd almost become regulars from the amount of time we spent there.

I walked into the hallway. It was... quieter than usual. I frowned, and looked around. People were crowded against the walls, whispering to each other, their eyes glued accusingly on someone. I followed their gaze to see the pencil guy. What's wrong with him? I saw two girls I was familiar with mumbling in the corner by the bathrooms. I headed over. They smiled at me, "Oh hi, (Y/N)!" But their smiles quickly turned to frowns and worried expressions. I gave a puzzled smile, "Why is everyone acting so weird-" "Because the transfer student, of course!" she loudly whispered, covering her mouth quickly to look around. The other girl spoke up, "He's the guy that sits in front of you, what did you say to him?!" I blinked, "Wait, him?"