Yakuza

"Don't you think we should stop? This is enough for one day." Daiki frowned, wiping some sweat from his forehead. I rolled my eyes, coming at him again. My red-gloved fist met his block and he sighed, sweeping his leg under mine and knocking me to the ground. The air in my lungs all came out at once and I groaned, rolling over onto my side.

Daiki stood above me, his hands on his hips. He blew away a strand of dark wavy hair from his face and smiled softly. "Finally." After realizing that I still hadn't gotten up yet, he sighed and bent down, outstretching a hand. My head tilted up slightly, curtains of (H/C) hair shielding my face from him.

Instead of graciously taking his proffered hand like a good sister, I grabbed it and flipped him over me. He rolled onto his back and let out a breathy laugh. I hoisted myself up and shirked the gloves. A victorious smile graced my lips and I rested my foot on his stomach. "Do you yield?" I prompted, cocking a brow.

He raised his hands in defeat. "You got me, (N/N)." I removed my foot and helped him up. Daiki was tall, but he didn't tower over me. Not like Shinobu. My shoulders slumped at the thought.

Daiki noted this and frowned. His hand ruffled my locks. "Hey, I know that face. You're not thinking like that again, are you?"

I leaned away from his hand, "I feel like I never see him anymore. Always 'Yakuza this' and 'Yakuza that.' Sometimes I feel like he's just avoiding us." I always told Daiki about my worries. Out of all six of my brothers (not all biological), he was the easiest one to talk to. I glanced at him. He had that same concerned look. Where the normally cheerful, warm, chocolate irises would melt and darken to pools of mud. He'd bite his lip and his brow would furrow. Just like every time I talked about Shinobu like that. We all looked up to him. It hurt to feel ignored.

"Listen, (N/N), there's no way he'd be avoiding us, especially not you." he paused to tap my nose. He earned a weak, half-hearted smile in response. He snapped his fingers, "Tell you what, let's take a break from this whole training thing and have some fun?"

I shook my head and let out a bitter chuckle, starting to leave the dojo room. "You know as well as I do that the second we leave the house, Dad will find someone with an unpaid debt or something."

He shrugged, "You deserve a day off. I'll stay and cover for you." I threw a dry, disbelieving look over my shoulder. He caught up with my pace through the halls. "Here." Daiki fished through his pockets and pulled out his wallet. He offered it to me with a proud smile.

I glanced at it, then back at him. I cocked a brow. "... And you trust me with this?"

He waved me off, a small smile teasing his lips. "Oh, please, I wasn't born yesterday. That's your wallet."

I blinked and looked at it again. I gasped, "You thieving bitch!" I snatched it from him and he stuck out his tongue playfully.

"Payback, girly, for dragging me out of bed to train."

"Ha! I'm doing you a favor, fatty!" I poked his stomach and ran off.

"You take that back!" he yelled after me. I only laughed, knowing he wouldn't give chase. We all teased Daiki about his weight. He was by all means as fit as the rest of us--as was required of a member of a Yakuza family--but he was a chubby kid.

Once safely outside the house, I peered into my wallet. The only thing gone was my fake I.D. I laughed lightly but closed it and shoved it back in my pocket. "Alright. Daiki wants me to take a day off. Where to first?" I muttered to myself.

All in all, it wouldn't have been such a bad idea. You'd think that after living in Japan my whole life, I'd know my damn way around. I shoved a lollipop in my mouth and exited another store, staring hopelessly around me. I shoved my hands into my pockets and trudged along. I kicked a rock down the sidewalk.