Uh, What are We?

(A/N: the request was smol but i tacked some onto the end to try and lengthen (i'm sorry hecckck) I hope you all enjoy!

Request by ChrissyKun_18)

"Oh, you think you have any power over me? In your dreams!" the shadow cackled and bent into itself, transforming into a beast.

I audibly groaned. "Are you kidding me?" Haru giggled softly at my reaction. This... species of shadow specialized in the one element that I was weak against in the Metaverse. We began the fight. "Y'know, it feels like I'm weak against every single shadow we go up against!" I whined, slamming my (weapon of choice) into the side of the shadow, not doing much damage. " Aren't there any that specialize in lightning or something so Mona could take a hit??"

"I heard that!" the not-cat cat snapped, healing Haru after a particularly heavy blow. "You alright?" he yelled over to said girl. She nodded back, focused solely on the shadow before us, thinly-veiled rage in her eyes.

I gulped. Haru was scary when she got like that.

Akira's persona attacked it again, but the attack bounced off, hitting Joker in the chest. He got pushed back a couple of feet, grasping at the place he was hit. "Ah, shit." he gasped, clenching his teeth in pain.

A wave of worry washed over me and I shot him a frantic look. "Joker?" I started. "You okay?" I wasn't looking at the enemy anymore and was focused solely on him. His eyes wandered to mine and softened. He nodded curtly and launched back into the fray. I frowned. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

I pulled out a healing item and used it on him, just in case. He spared me a brief smile for it and my heart skipped. I mentally slapped myself. Seriously? We're in the middle of a fight and I'm distracted by his smile?

I shook my head and continued fighting with my teammates.

Eventually, the once mighty shadow before us now stood with not much health left. I grinned victoriously, knowing we'd finish soon.

The shadow, however, seemed to have other ideas.

It crouched over and began mumbling to itself. It slowly straightened up, its gaze pinned on Joker. I looked between the two of them. The shadow's muscles tensed and it leaped towards Joker.

I gritted my teeth and threw my body in front of his, effectively blocking the attack. I fell to the ground with a low thump and cringed, not liking how my muscles whined at me in response.

Then came his frantic voice: "(Y/N)!" Warm arms encircled my form as my teammates' voices faded.

~ le time skip brought to you by my dumb reaction pics ~

That same warmth was still present when I awoke.

I blinked open my eyes and took in the blurry shape of Akira, his mask pushed up onto his head, his hair slightly sticking to his skin. His eyebrows were furrowed with worry and his eyes were trained on my face. I blinked further, clearing up the image of him. His eyes were drawn to mine from the movement. "Oh! (Y/N), thank God." he gave a breathy laugh, squeezing me.

"Aw, were you worried about lil' old me?" I teased, poking his nose so he'd let up on the pressure of the hug. He relented and loosened his grip but didn't let go. I smiled slightly at that.

He blinked in confusion. "Of course I was."

"O-Oh..." I blushed. I... wasn't expecting a serious answer. "Okay."

He shook his head. "But seriously, why did you do that? I would've been able to survive the attack."

"Ah," my blush deepened, "I-I guess I just, um, uh, well... 'cause I don't like seeing you get hurt." my voice got quieter with every word.