Respectfully,

(A/N: I'm back ! Sorry for the wait :)

this is another sad and i wasn't sure where to go with it but here we are!

Request by Karyion)

I sprinted forward, my (weapon of choice) raised high above my head. "Yah!" I shouted, bringing it down onto Sae Niijima, her face cool as ever.

"(Y/N)! No!" Ann screamed from somewhere behind me, but I ignored her. Now was the time to strike. If I didn't move now, we might lose.

The second my (weapon of choice) hit her body, I felt an invisible force slam into me, forcing me to the ground. I groaned in pain, the room swimming in front of me. Shit. Now was not the time to strike. The attack had simply bounced off of the Shadow and wounded me instead. I should've known. God, I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Sae sneered down at my crumpled form. She cackled loudly, grinding her heel into my side. I yelped in pain, trying to move but not able to. "Foolish girl. The odds aren't in your favor, I'm afraid." she kicked me away, sending me tumbling back towards my team.

"(Y/N)?! Are you okay?!" someone else asked, but I couldn't pinpoint who.

I shook my head. We had to finish this. "I just got too reckless... I'll fall back and focus on support." I reassured them, stumbling back behind a column, not too far from the battle itself. They fought on without me.

Sparks flickered across my eyes, the world spinning slowly. I lowered myself against the column, groaning with the effort. My hand rubbed my forehead, trying to alleviate the pain that had taken residence. The movement caused a spike of pain to shoot up my abdomen. "Ah!" I grunted, pulling up my shirt. A belt-like bruise had formed across my stomach, dark and patchy.

I was studying to be a doctor in the future. I knew what internal bleeding looked like.

I lowered my shirt and let my head fall back against the column. I inhaled deeply. I guess this is it then. I couldn't call out to my team. I couldn't. Not only because I could barely speak louder than a whisper, but also because that would distract them. If I distracted them... we'd lose. If we lost, I didn't want to think of what would happen. No way could I be so selfish, never.

A tear slipped out of my eye. No. You're not going to cry. I reached up to wipe it away but it was too painful to move. More tears came. I was going to die. For real, this time.

Not that it really mattered in the end, did it? I could hear my team fighting viciously, Sae's grunts of pain squeezing through the fray every so often. I wasn't very useful to the thieves. Hell, I'd just fucked up again and hurt myself. They would've had to waste yet another healing item on me.

Well, now that was about to change. I would no longer be a burden to them.

I repeated this to myself over and over as I slowly lost consciousness. Useless. No one will miss me. They'll be better off. But the tears still came. I was still hurt by the truth of my thoughts.

My team's cheers of excitement reached my ears. They'd won. I smiled shakily. And they'd done it without me. Because they didn't need me. A moment passed as they congratulated each other.

I fully lost consciousness after I'd heard "Where's (Y/N)?"

~ le time skip brought to you by apparently i need to buy p5 royal ~

I blinked open my eyes to see a white ceiling above me. I tried to move, feeling sheets scratch against my skin, but there was a weight on my legs. My eyes moved downward to see a familiar mop of black hair resting atop my legs. Akira had fallen asleep on them, his hand clutching mine. I blushed. This is so cute but what happened?! I was clearly in a hospital bed, but why? I felt no pain and couldn't see anything wrong with me.

I reached for his shoulder, gently shaking him awake. "Uh, Akira? What happened?"

He lifted his chin off of my legs and blinked open his eyes. A wild grin took over his face when he saw me. "(Y/N)! You're awake!" He made no effort to hide the relief in his voice and I briefly wondered how seriously I was injured. The thought was cut off, though, when he tossed himself onto me, forcing me into a tight hug.

"Ah! Akira, I'm literally in a hospital bed, have some respect!" I giggled, my hands pushing at his shoulders to try and alleviate some of the weight.

"Right!" he yanked himself off of her, "I'm so sorry, oh my God, I was just really worried about you." There was a beat of silence.

He suddenly began to frown. "What were you thinking?!"

I blinked. "Sorry?"

He got angrier, his voice raising slightly. "What made you think it was okay to just not tell us you were hurt?! We could've healed you!"

There it was. Now it all came rushing back to me. The fight, my stupidity, and me succumbing to the pain behind some column.

"Ah..." I trailed off. He was quietly fuming, waiting for my defense. My eyes lowered to my hands, and I started fidgeting with them: a nervous habit I'd picked up before becoming a Phantom Thief. "I..." I couldn't tell him what was really running through my mind at the time. "I thought you'd get distracted and lose the battle... I didn't want that to happen, so I just stayed quiet." It was the truth, basically.

Akira sighed, raking a hand through his hair. I briefly wondered how soft it was. "(Y/N), respectfully, you're so dumb."

"Ow." I joked, smiling.

He shook his head, not laughing. "Please, don't ever do that again. Okay?"

I bit my lip, all confidence gone. "Y-Yeah." my voice broke a bit. I didn't realize he cared that much.

Akira chuckled, his lips tugging upwards. "Now that that's sorted. C'mere." he held out his arms. I gave a teary laugh and fell into them.

A/N: oh man i missed writing about this nerd