Oops?

(A/N: a good 100 words shorter than usual give or take but uhhhhhhh don't worry about it. wish i could make some psat/sat memes right about now but i don't want my scOreS inVaLIdaTEd

Request by TheWadOfBtsTrash)

I roughly placed my bag onto the kitchen counter, my body slumping over awkwardly from exhaustion. Work had been particularly demanding today, what with my manager wanting my project by the end of the week. Which was absolutely absurd, as a side note. I'd been given the week prior to work on it and the days leading up to this Friday, which was not nearly enough time. He either did not understand how large the project was, or he didn't care about quality. He didn't understand that I wasn't going to turn in something sub-par. That's just not in my nature, unfortunately.

I ran a hand through my hair and trudged over to my bedroom, shirking clothes on the way. I don't remember turning the shower on but suddenly it was and hot water cascaded onto my shoulders and down my back. I groaned in pleasure. This has gotta be the most relaxed I've ever been. But at the same time, I'm rejuvenated? God, showers are nice.

Concentrated as I was on my shower, I was blissfully unaware of the phone ringing outside until its fourth or fifth ring.

Oh fuck the phone. I bet it's my boss. Fuck.

I hopped out of the shower after just having got in and sprinted to the phone, answering it the second my wet fingertips made contact. "Hello?" I answered, "This is (L/N)."

"Huh? I thought this... was (Y/N)." the other line said.

I frowned. This wasn't my boss. "... Akira?"

"Hm?"

"Why are you calling  me so late?" I asked, genuinely ticked off. "You know I'm busy." He really did, which was what made this call so surprising. Whenever I was particularly stressed or worn out after work, I'd go to LeBlanc for comfort. Ever since Sojiro retired, Akira took over the cafe. (Which was particularly nice because he gave me free things more than Sojiro ever would).

He mumbled in response and I actually had trouble piecing together what he was saying. "M'yeah... How are you?" He's usually so to the point 'cause he'd rather talk in person. What's with this weird avoidance? 

I huffed. "Fine. You?" I at least kept it on the topic, if he didn't.

There was a beat of silence.

"Hm? Whassat? No, 'm fine just a lil'..." he trailed off, and I heard a light thump.

I blanched as the reality of the situation sunk in. "Akira, oh my God, are you drunk?" I asked, though it was less of a question and more of a statement. A mildly amused smile tugged at my lips. I'd never actually heard or seen him drunk before. Cute.

"Mmmmmmmmmmaybe? What answer will make you come ogre?" he giggled. "Hah... get it? Like... Shrek..."

At that remark, my amusement quickly morphed to worry. "Tell me you're not just stumbling around on the street!"

"What? No... Just at LeBlanc... boring old LeBl- why? Do you want me to?" his voice grew increasingly excited, much like a child's. "Should I come see you! I'm coming-!"

"No!" I cut him off. "Stay put..." I ordered, tugging back on my discarded work clothes from where they were left strewn on the carpet. I felt gross putting them on again after being so close to being restored to cleanliness again. "I'll be right there."

He made incoherent noises before saying something that I actually understood. "Promise?"

I paused in my redressing to roll my eyes, adjusting the phone clenched between my ear and shoulder. "Pinky promise. Don't move." I felt like I was talking to a child rather than my former gang leader. Maybe gang leader was the wrong word. The Phantom Thieves weren't a gang, right? Not the time for speculation. I need to go make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.