Muse

(A/N: I'm so sorry for taking forever to do this request! I'd tell you how busy I was but that's just a waste of space

(also all early readers, i just fixed the spacing)

Requested by AlibiAstronaut)

I rounded yet another hallway of the school. This art project was due in a month, and I still hadn't found a subject yet. Other people in my class had chosen simple things like nature or their favorite show, but I wanted to do something else. My eyes wandered the walls of the school, hoping to glean some kind of inspiration from one of the lackluster posters. I sighed, stopping at the window. I leaned onto the sill, looking out.

The bell rang.

I might just have to settle for drawing a bird. Again.

Class was a snoozefest as usual. I was a close friend of Makoto, though, so it didn't much matter if I caught some shut-eye during class. She'd reluctantly share her notes with me at the end of the day. 

Lunch was the same. I stared blankly at the vending machines. Could I put a spin on one of those soda brands? I mentally smacked myself. That's... so dumb. 

Back to class I went, this time without Makoto. She had math during this hour while I had english. Instead of making us pull out our textbooks immediately, Kawakami pulled in another student. She didn't look as bored as usual. If anything, a bit irked. I turned my gaze to the new student.

Oh my.

It seems I've found my muse.

~ le time skip brought to you by area 51's aliens ~

I couldn't take my eyes off of him the whole time. He had to have felt the burning in his back from my intense stare, but I was glad he ignored it. 

He was on his phone a couple of times during class, texting someone. I couldn't see who it was from here. 

Class ended, and he stood up, his bag already on his shoulder. I blinked, picking my head up from where it rested on my hand. 

I moved my jaw around, unused to not having my hand ground into it. I swung my bag onto my shoulder and followed him. 

It really wasn't until he was climbing the stairs to the roof did it occur to me that perhaps this was a bit inappropriate. I spied a shock of blond hair through the door, recognizing it instantly. It was Ryuji. He would see me if the new kid didn't. 

I reluctantly turned away.

~ le time skip brought to you by my new alien puss ~

It was hopeless.

At night, I tossed and turned. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I wanted a brush in my hand and a canvas in front of me, pronto. I wanted him to pose for me and let my imagination run wild.

I pushed myself up. I clicked on my phone to check the time. 3:04. I groaned. The night was never going to end this way. 

I crawled out of bed, shivering as the cold air hit my body. I wandered blindly through the darkness, waving my hands in front of me to navigate. I found the lightswitch and clicked it on. A dim light filled my room, and I squinted, waiting for my eyes to adjust.

I spied a stray paper on the floor and scooped it up, scanning the room for a pencil. When I found one, I began to sketch.

And sketch.