Songfic

(A/N: First time writing a songfic, babeyy. Speechless by Dan + Shay and Lights Down Low by Max Schneider. (still don't know how to add multiple videos/multiple images at the top of chapters y i k e)

Song lyrics are in italics 

Request by Nekotine22)

You say you'll be down in five

My dress pulled tighter to my body, taking me by surprise and knocking the breath out of me. "Oops!" Haru laughed from behind me, loosening the strings. I smiled lightly, forgiving her.

The smell of your perfume is floating down the stairs

Futaba had been ogling the line of perfumes along my mirror. She finally snatched one up, a manic grin spreading over her face. She turned to me and started to drown me in its floral scent, giggling all the way.

You're fixing up your hair like you do

After Haru adjusted my dress for me, Ann took her place, brushing out my hair gently. She smiled coyly, leaning over my shoulder to look at my face.

I know that I'll be a mess

"I have this strange feeling you might vomit once you get out there. Calm down!" She shook her head, amused.

The second that I see you

I threw her a distracted smile.

You won't be surprised

Akira, in one of the other rooms, pulled at his tie for the umpteenth time.

It happens every time

Ryuji clapped him on the back, slightly startling him.

It's nothing new

"Last chance to run away." He winked.

It's always on a night like tonight

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "So you can have her all to yourself? Nice try, but I got her first."

"Oh?" The blond paused to snicker. "Did you... steal her heart??"

I think that you can read my mind

Akira rolled his eyes and took in a deep breath. Wasn't long until he was outside and at the altar, fidgeting with his hands.

'Cause when you look at me with those eyes

An image of (Y/N) unravelled in his mind of her shyly smiling at him, hiding something in her eyes.

I'm speechless

I walked outside to see Akira's back, facing away from me. I laughed, seeing the tension in his shoulders. He heard me and relaxed, turning around.

Staring at you, standing there in that dress

His eyes fell on my form and I felt my heart jump. What if he's having second thoughts?

What it's doing to me, ain't a secret

A broad smile took over his face and he wound his arms around my waist, pulling me to him.

'Cause watching you is all that I can do

He pressed his forehead to mine, his smile still on his face.

And I'm speechless

I bit my lip nervously. "You're not saying anything."