That's kind of a big thing to leave out...

(A/N: Wherein Ann is a troll and Akira is the MC

Today's challenge is to see if you can guess what's going on before the reveal at the end (I believe in each and every one of you worry not it is not difficult- not really sure why I called it a challenge but hey that's just showbiz babey))

I handed the disc to the clerk behind the counter. She took it and smiled kindly. "Any other movies you'd like to rent?"

"I'm okay, thanks." I shrugged and left the store. The summer air of Shibuya hit me like a brick wall, before melting and wrapping me in a blanket of humidity. I groaned and flapped my arms in an effort to fan my body. I probably looked like a diseased bird or something but I honestly could not care less at this point. 

And I thought last summer was brutal. 

"You should've gotten Guy McVer. I wanna watch it." a voice came from the bag on my back.

I rolled my eyes. "You should've spoken up then."

"We've talked about this, Joker!" Mona groaned, burrowing deeper into the bag. I laughed lightly, about to poke fun at him again when someone bumped into me. "Oh!" I blinked, stepping back to steady myself and the girl. I looked down at her.

She straightened up quickly and blushed. "Sorry!" she exclaimed hurriedly, eager to push off of me out of embarrassment. I grinned lightly. She was cute. I found my eyes wandering all over her in interest. 

I waved off her apology. "That's alright. What's your name?" I asked, politely. Why let go of a chance like this? I'm always down to talk to pretty people. I felt Morgana shift uncomfortably in my bag. He didn't want to be here, talking to her, and this was his way of communicating it.

I, on the other hand, loved talking to strangers because that meant he had to stay hidden. Revenge for not letting me go out at night.

Apparently I had not spoken politely enough, though, because her face morphed into one of slight panic and confusion. "Uh... haha, yeah... " she fake laughed and trailed off, her eyes darting furtively around her, before lighting up suddenly. "Ann!" she raised her voice and waved her hands wildly. Ann? 

I glanced over to see the Ann I knew smiling and walking over. Her hair was out of its usual twin-tails and was pulled into a ponytail. She pulled her friend into a hug and said some gibberish in English. I frowned. The girl who bumped into me pulled away from Ann and responded animatedly in the same rapid-fire English. I nudged Ann. "Who's your friend?"

She turned to me and smiled brightly. "(Y/N)'s an old friend of mine. I'd introduce you but she's really tired right now and I doubt she'd even remember your name." she giggled at her friend's aptly timed yawn.

"Ouch." I chuckled good-naturedly. "She's cute, though. Mind if I get her number?" I winked.

Ann looked surprised but her expression morphed into a scheming one. "I'll totally set you guys up. Don't worry about it."

I jokingly fist-pumped and we separated. Ann took (Y/N) with her and I could hear their faint English gibberish as they left.

~ time skip brought to you by the heart of a child ~

I'd been waiting all weekend to see Ann again. I skipped into our shared English class and sat backwards in the desk in front of her. A wicked smile formed on her face the second she saw me. "I'm assuming you're not skipping into class just to see little old me?" she asked innocently.

I shrugged, pretending to weigh the two things on each of my hands. "Ehhh... I'd say I'm fairly glad to see you too."

She scoffed. "Act like that and you don't get to know where (Y/N) will be tonight." Ann crossed her arms over her chest and stuck her nose up and away from me.