Woosh.

(A/N: Y'all I was looking through writing prompts and one was literally "woosh" so I went with it lmao. This was also a suggestion: LaLaLoner3 "Could you write one where reader thinks Akira is going out with Ann or Makoto, but he really likes her?" HERE YOU GO MY FRIENDS and on Sunday as promised)

Woosh. The wind swept by me, pulling at my loose hair and clothes. My eyes watered a bit but I kept them open, wanting to watch the city below for as long as I could. The night was the clearest I'd ever seen it. My legs swung back and forth from my perch, lightly hitting the hard material this building was made of.

I took in a deep breath through my nose, loving the feeling of crisp air in my lungs. I exhaled through my mouth in a puff of white, watching my breath twirl and twist away into the dark. The corners of my lips tugged upward and my eyes softened at the sight.

It felt good to get away from things like this and simply sit. Just sit and stare at the bustling metropolis below.

Though it was nighttime, there were still plenty of people on the city streets, moving from place to place. I feel so small but also... I dunno. At peace? I let out a quiet laugh at myself, the sound being drowned out by the wind. My eyes looked down of their own accord to my left wrist. My worn watch fortunately still ticked and read 12:00. My focus changed and I was watching the streets below.

How easy would it be to just scoot forward a bit and fall off? It was a relatively tall building. It wouldn't take much. A small movement and I'd be free-falling. At that moment I thought about it. I seriously considered jumping off. I mean, why not, right? What else is there? I bit my lip and urged my hands to push me off the edge. Alas, they couldn't be forced into action. My hands gripped tightly onto the ledge with white knuckles. I sighed and pushed myself back to safety and off the ledge.

Standing up now, I looked to my right. Guess I'd better get to work. I shed the feeling from before like a second skin and pulled up the mask hanging around my neck so it covered my mouth. I threw my hood over my head and let my backpack fall to the ground. Rummaging through it, I pulled out a couple of spray cans and some rope.

Tying the rope tightly around a pole and hooking it to my belt, I grabbed the cans and took a step backward, towards the edge. I took in a deep breath of that cold air, letting it calm me. I took another step back and felt myself fall. My feet touched softly against the side of the building, steadying me. I looked around quickly, seeing that a couple of people had noticed me. I had to work fast.

I shook the cans and started to work. I painted the image that had been stuck in my mind all day. It wasn't too elaborate--it barely had any color at all. I should be done with this one faster than I the others. (A/N: pic above)

I heard some commotion come from below me, a smile forming underneath my mask at the sound. I'd made a bit of a name for myself, having put my name on places that were hard to miss. Not my real name, of course, but a little code name. Shutter clicks came from below me and my smile grew. My art by itself thrilled me and having an audience only fueled that fire. I nodded to myself. No jumping off of buildings yet, (Y/N). I joked. I did have people to live for. I'd even found websites where people idolized me.

I finished the last stroke and stretched up to the corner, drawing the outline of a chess piece: the knight. It had always been my favorite in the game... I shrugged to myself. It just felt like it fit. That was my name to these people. Knight. 

The noises from below got louder. Right. Time to go. I clambered up the wall easily, hopping on top of the roof. I hastily stuffed my things back into my bag. Before I left, I peered over the edge again, at the people below. I saw some people wave their hands at me. I smirked and saluted, making sure that they could see my silhouette. Some squeals came from below and I hopped across the space between this building and another, landing perfectly. Now it's time I get back.