(Part 2) My Fair Lady

(A/N: i tried to continue the accent thing reader had from last chapter but oh man it looks so confusing just bear with me <3

also, i reordered the chapters a little bit ack

lol it took me way too long to give y'all a part 2 to "My Fair Lady" but here it is~~~! )

Splash!

A cascade of water slammed down onto his shaking form for the third time. He shivered violently, curling tighter into himself. I hate this place. I hate these people. Why are they doing this to me?

"He might as well be made of dirt, Rowan. Let's stop." a cold voice rang out from somewhere in the room. Akira exhaled in relief.

The bucket was thrown to the side, making a resounding clattering noise. "Not like we need 'em for the skin, anyway." his assailant chuckled darkly, eliciting a couple of other laughs.

A strong hand grasped his arm and yanked him to his feet. Akira gave a surprised yelp from the action, unknowingly amusing his captors moreso. He was dragged across the polished floor to one of the large cages. This one was empty. The hand threw him in easily, and he hit the bars of the other side painfully. The door shut after him with a clang.

And with that, the four of five people in the room left him.

They left him...

And them.

He pulled himself out of his long-held fetal position and stole a look at the others. The children in the other cages. They seemed not to notice him and stared blankly at the walls, some mouths agape, some not. Their eyes were glazed and unfocused. Their bodies didn't move very often, either. It was a frightening feeling to be trapped with them. At least I get my very own cage.

Akira remembered running from her and the other freaks, but even that memory was fuzzy. How he got here was certainly a mystery. Not to mention why he was the only one who still had his wits about him.

... My fair lady...

A part of that... song rang out. He whipped his head around, looking for the source. He didn't hear it again.

It was in his head.

His eyes started to sting. He wasn't allowed to have a moment of peace even with his own mind? How long would he stay sane, with remnants of her song swirling around in his head? Akira didn't understand exactly what properties this song had, but he knew for a fact that it changed his whole mindset. His thoughts would no longer be his own, and he'd be none the wiser. That's what scared him the most.

He curled back into a ball, knowing his sleep would be tainted with her voice. Nice as it was, it was still haunting.

A creak resounded throughout the hall.

He squeezed his eyes shut. Not again. His body still shivered from the freezing water.

The door closed with a creak and he stupidly hoped that the person had just peeked inside at the attractions and left. Of course he wouldn't be so lucky.

Footsteps approached his cage, so light that he almost couldn't hear them. He frowned. Most of them are heavy and loud. Maybe it was one of the women, there to ogle him or whatever.

His cage door creaked open, louder than the first door. He winced. Of course they were coming for him and not anyone else.

Maybe they'll just think I'm asleep and they won't bother me. He mentally slapped himself. Like they would care.