St. Patrick's Day Special thingy

"Aaaand... done!" I beamed at the child before me, removing my paintbrush from their face.

"Yay!" she squealed and rocketed off the stool, bursting with energy from having to sit still for so long. Not bothering to say anything else, the butterfly-faced girl sprinted away to a group of children. I watched the parents follow not long after.

I let out a small laugh in spite of myself, drawing the attention of my partner. The redhead turned and smiled at me, "Finally having fun?" Her green eyes danced as she turned to look over at the kids again.

I shook my head and let out another laugh, "Surprisingly, yeah. Where'd Sherry head off to, anyway?" I frowned, looking around for our mutual friend. Sherry had invited us to come to this festival for St. Patrick's Day and we got roped into working in the face-painting booth. Which was fine, but Sherry was supposed to help and...

Well, she wasn't here.

Caitlyn snickered, "Probably sucking some poor guy's face off,"

I grinned at the thought. Caitlyn was probably right. Sherry did have a tendency to lose herself in a crowd.

"Excuse me," a cough came from in front of me as I stared off into space.

I snapped to attention, "Oh! Sorry about that!" I turned to look in front of me. Someone much older than my usual crowd stood in front of me, fisting a couple of dollars. Hello there, handsome! I turned a little red at the thought and mentally slapped myself. He looked a little embarrassed at being there but seemed to be laughing all the same and looked over his shoulder. I followed his gaze to see a group of other teenagers giggling to themselves. The corners of my lips tugged up at the sight.

He shuddered and turned to look at me again. "I'm next." he said, taking a seat on the stool in front of me.

"Right then! What would you like?" I asked, trying to comfort the boy with a friendly smile.

He raked a hand through his hair and shouted over to the group, "What should I get?"

The blond one of the bunch caught his eye and cupped his hands around his mouth, "A big fat shamrock right in the middle of your face!" This elicited more laughter from the group.

He let out a chuckle and turned back to me, handing over his money, "Guess that's what I want, then."

I took it and giggled, "A big fat shamrock coming right up!" I placed the money in the jar next to me and my hand wandered over to the brushes. It hovered over them, before deciding to pick up a big one. After all, it was gonna take up most of his face. I dipped it in some water and then the paint, feeling his eyes follow my movements. I turned to him and gently grabbed his chin, pulling his face close to mine.

I got to work, trying to ignore the way he looked at my lips every once in a while. I cleared my throat uncomfortably, moving his face to the right a bit. "So, what brings you to this lively place?" I asked.

He shrugged and I had to steady his face again. Maybe starting a conversation isn't the best idea. He seemed to notice the struggle and he gave me a half-hearted grin and gestured to his friends with his hand.

I nodded, "Makes sense. I'll just stop talking." He smiled again and his eyes trailed over to me. I turned his head to face up and he shifted a bit to accommodate it. I stared intently at his forehead as I slowly painted it green.

It didn't take long to realize how close our faces were. I tried my best to ignore it, I swear, but he didn't really help. He just stared at me with that dopey grin on his face.

I finished not long after, his face a vibrant green.

"All done!" I smiled. He moved to stand up, but his action nudged my cup of water and it started to fall to the ground.

His head looked down to catch it, his lips brushing against mine. I turned bright red, forgetting about the cup. He bent down to pick up the cup, the water having already spilled on the ground. He gently set it back down on the table and gave me the widest grin I'd ever seen. "I'd love to do that again sometime." he smiled, leaning forward to push his face closer to mine.

I yelped and covered my face with my hands.

That was... my first kiss. I'm already 17 and this is my first kiss? Pathetic. Does this even count? No matter how much I ridiculed myself, my face remained steadfastly red. I felt hands cover my own and pry them away from my face. There he stood, wearing a giddy smile. He cocked his head to the side, "Funny thing is, I was thinking about kissing you the whole time."

I shook my head and looked away, "How do you even want me to respond to that?" I laughed lightly.

He let go of my hands and adopted a high, squeaky voice, "Oh, Akira! I'd love to kiss you again! Maybe during the festival or this Saturday at seven for coffee at (insert random cafe)!"

I smiled, quickly getting over my bashfulness. He seems nice. "Akira, huh? Well, Akira, what if I don't drink coffee?"

He shrugged, "I'll go anywhere if I get to see you again, gorgeous."

I let out a disbelieving laugh as he strutted away to his friends.

I tried to squeeze something in for you guys, I've had midterms and ehhhh excuses excuses. Love you all and I hope you had a great St. Paddy's Day!