Chapter 7 - Finding El

It began to get dark and I hadn't even dared to move. I was just stood there sorting out my bag. Making sure nobody had looked in it. Then, I got out my pocket knife, pulled my backpack back on to my back then grabbed my torch. I rolled up my sleeves and began my hunt...

It didn't even take me 5 minutes to get lost. My feet began to burn, but it was nothing compared to what I was used to. The ground looked like it was about to crumble beneath me, leaving me to fall into the abyss that was the underworld (hey, gotta believe in something, right?) I began to slowly walk on, keeping an eye out for any councillors.

I heard some footsteps behind me. I began to panic. What the heck was that noise? Was it something I missed when Mr Pendanski was rambling on about this shitty place? I hope not.

"Where you think you're going?" It was ziggy

"Holy Shit! What the fuck? You don't jump out on people like that!" I screamed. Then I realized ziggy was alone. And blushing. A lot. He smiled at me with his beautiful eyes wincing; the flash light was shining in his face. I felt my cheeks burn up like sparklers.

"So where are you going?" Ziggy asked.

"I-I-um. Do you know where B tent..." My voice trailed off as I stared into his beautiful, blue eyes that go along perfectly with that frizzy, blonde hair.

"Don't worry, I'll take you"

"Thanks" I smiled, I was probably still blushing too.

"Come on" he whispered in my ear. We then began to walk and he put his arm around me. I flinched.

"Sorry, it's instincts" I said looking down to the ground.

"Had a bad life?" He asked. Why was he wanting to know about my life? It didn't bother me. I wasn't going to complain. But nobody was ever bothered about me let alone my past.

"Ha, tell me about it" I still looked to the ground. He started to pull me closer. I think he was trying to hug me.

"What the heck!" I shouted as I pushed him away.

"I-I'm sorry" I think my heart began to melt when I heard his voice that time. My eyes locked with his steel blue-grey eyes. His eyes slowly trailed down to look at my forearm and quickly rolled the sleeves of the itchy orange jumpsuit down as fast as I could. (I have only told Richie this, but I self harm)

"Now where's B tent?" I said after an awkward minute of silence. I don't like awkward silences. They're erm... awkward.

"Here" ziggy replied. "You want me to come in with you?"

"I'll be fine" Would I be? I don't know who's in that tent! But I didn't want to seem like a chicken so I decided to go into the tent by myself.