Chapter 21 - A starry night.

Nikki POV

Did Mr. Pendanski really have to do that? Anyone with a mind would have just left it at 'how did you get in here?' But no, Mr. Pendanski just has to be different.

When I stormed out after Mr. Pendanski just confirmed his death wish, I walked over to the tent. I wasn't crying as much anymore. I had calmed down a little. But I still couldn't believe that Mr. Pendanski would stoop that low. I could expect that sort of thing from Mr. Sir, but not Mr. Pendanski. He seems so nice and understanding when you first meet him - it just shows you how fast people can change. He knew fine well how I got to camp, he just wanted to get back at me for making him look stupid the other day. But he didn't have to say that. Anger raged inside of me as I replayed the scene over and over again in my head. volcanoes pounding behind my eyes, hot rage burned in my veins, i wanted nothing more than to destroy , tear, get my revenge.

I walked out to the desert; where the five foot holes began. I didn't have to walk for long. My stroll only took about two minutes. The first hole appeared in my sight and I sat at the edge, letting my legs hang into the hole that was now filled with shadows. I pushed my head into my hands and let the tears pour out of me. I wasn't crying because of what Mr. Pendanski said, it was the fact that he knew what he was doing and he knew what my reaction would be. I was ready to plan my revenge. As I lifted my head up, a mischievous smirk walked across my face. I lay back, my legs still hanging off of the edge of the hole, and looked up to the pitch black sky. It was a dark serene night as the luminous moon gleamed and the white twinkling stars gave harmony to the black sky staring down at me. The stars and the glowing moon being my only light as I left my flashlight in the tent. Damn. How was I going to get back?

I heard a rattling to my right. My body jerked and I shot up. Slowly turning my head to see exactly what I thought was sitting in the moonlight. A rattlesnake. A rattlesnake was just metres away from me. I slowly twisted my body away from the snake and got to my feet. It made the rattling sound again. Terrified, I ran towards the outlines of the tents and huts that I could just see. As soon as I was about three metres away from the horrifying snake, I darted back to camp. It's eyes examining me as it probably thought about biting me.

"Ahh!" I shouted as I ran into someone and we landed on the floor. They almost blinded me when they shone their flashlight in my face.

"Feists! You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost!"

"Magnet?"

"What were you thinking, chica? You can't just run off like that! If Mr. Sir had of..."

"But he didn't see me! And I'm okay." I interrupted.

"Lets get you back to the tent." Magnet smiled at me as he lead me back to the D tent. I looked back into the desert. We got to the tent and I slowly lifted up the flap, only to be greeted by either, 'Feists' or a hug.

"You okay?" I nodded as Ziggy walked up to me and pulled me into a tight hug; I hugged him back as he layed his head on my shoulder. He pulled away from the hug and we sat down on Ziggy's cot.

"Where did you go?" Richie asked as she layed back on her cot.

"Just the desert, nowhere interesting." I replied as I got up and got my pyjamas out of my faded backpack. Everyone turned around and I pulled on the cotton shorts and the 'I love sleep' t-shirt. "Done." Everyone turned around and I sat on my cot.

"Well, I'm going to sleep." Richie said as she turned over and placed her head on her pillow.

"Mr. P shouldn't have said what he said." Stanley said.

"Yeah, well it's all said and done. Nothing anyone can do about it now." When I said that, I seemed to look at Squid. Remembering what he had told me earlier today. He was looking at Richie and smiling. I smiled at the fact that Richie was so unaware of this thing Squid had for her.

"I'm getting some sleep." I said as I lay down and pulled the blanket over my now warm-ish body.