Chapter 17 - The Picture

Elyar POV

After 'story time with D tent', Nikki took me back to my tent - to be honest, I didn't really want to go back. I was still wondering how ThLump found out about mom and dad. I had checked to see if anyone was there and it was just me and Mikey. Nobody else was in the tent with us. I got closer and closer to the tent flap-thing and with every step I just got more angry. How could they say that to Nikki? Just because he has had an alright-ish life doesn't mean he can make other people feel worse about themselves. I mean, he doesn't even know the half of it. A lot of people think that we are just attention seeking, but we aren't. They just don't understand.

I got closer to the tent again - I was so close that I could almost touch the tent. I could almost feel the fabric that was held up by a few planks of wood and was surrounded by the blazing sun. As I lifted the flap on the tent, my body flooded with anger; I wasn't only angry with ThLump, I was angry with Mikey too. The only way that the rest of the tent would have found out what I had told him, was if he told them whilst I was still digging my hole.

"How could you?" I screamed as I stormed into the tent.

"How could we what?" Christopher said (Christopher is one of those annoying pricks who think they need to know everything about everything)

"Not you guys. Mikey" I turned to Mikey, who was sat casually on his cot.

"Wah?" Mikey's voice sounded like the last note on a piano.

"Oh, you know what you did!" I walked closer and closer to Mikey's cot.

"No, no, I don't" Mikey's voice had deepened a little so that it was now like a normal persons voice.

"Well, then how'd the whole fucking tent find out about what I had told you!?" I was now towering over Mikey as he looked up at me in shock.

"Hey, lay off Mikey, orite! He's done nothing wrong! You're the one who should be more careful when you're telling someone something!" Christopher shouted from across the tent.

"Stay out of this Chris! You told them about my parents! You dick!" I shouted trying to hold the majority of the anger inside of me so that I didn't punch him or worse.

"We overheard! Your story is really... Interesting" ThLump added.

"Thanks Dr. Phil! But, you didn't have to say that to Nikki!" I stormed over to my cot still shaking with anger. I pulled out a picture from my back pocket. It was of my mom and me. We were stood outside Taco Bell and every time I looked at that picture. I felt like I could do anything. I forgot everything that was going on. It was amazing. I had kept it with me every day since, well, you know. I took it everywhere with me. Everywhere. I felt a lump form in my throat, but I faught back the tears.

"Hey, yo! Whatcha got there?" ThLump walked up to me and snatched the picture out of my bloody, blistered hands. "Oh, you miss your mommy too?" He said in a pitiful voice.

"Hey! Give it back!" I said as I tried to snatch the picture back. ThLump just turned away as he was still looking at the picture. I began to clench my teeth and my hands turned into fists.

"Come on, just give him the picture back!" Christopher said as he got up from his cot. I could tell that he was still in a mood with me, so why was he helping me? ThLump crumpled up the picture of me and my mom and threw it on the ground. He grabbed me by my collar. "If she were alive, she wouldn't care." I tried to talk but ThLump stopped me. "Believe me! She'd be glad to be rid of you." He let go of my collar and I fell to the wooden, tent floor. Mikey came over to me and helped me up.

"Don't listen to him. He just likes to make people feel sorry for themselves."

"You're telling me!" I mumbled as I picked up the picture, un-crumpled it, and put it back in my back pocket.