Chapter 16 - Story time

Nikki POV

I had forgived Elyar after being so stupid. To be honest, all I wanted to do was give him a hug and spend some time with him. Last time I hadn't seen him in this long, was, well, never.

"Hey, you wanna go back to my tent?" I asked as I finally started to calm down a little.

"Okay." He smiled and we walked back to the tent. I could see ThLump looking at us. He was probably thinking 'where the heck is he's going?' or 'what the fuck does he think he's doing? Either way, he wasn't impressed. "Just ignore him, thats what I do." El looked up at me; I turned away from ThLump and walked towards D tent. I lifted up the sea through flap and we walked in.

"Hey, this is Elyar. This is X-ray, Magnet, Armpit, Squid, Zero, Stanley, and Ziggy" I smiled as I reached under my cot for my backpack and pulled out a handfull of pixie sticks. El's face lit up as soon as he saw me reach into my bag.

"Oh, so this is your brother? Armpit said, tearing the top off of a strawberry Pixie Stick.

"No shit, Sherlock!" I shoved my backpack back underneith my cot and grabbed a few Pixie Sticks for El and I.

"So, what you guys in here for." Squid asked as he began to play with his fingers.

"You haven't told them?" El seemed shocked as his eyes bolted around the tent then back to me.

"Well, sorry. But, unlike you, I like to keep my life private." I put emphasis on the word 'sorry' as I sat down cross-legged on my cot. I nodded as if to say that El could tell them.

"Hmm... do I start with the stealing, joyriding, or attempted murder?" El is so dramatic. I mean, yeah, we did kind of try to kill our dad, and yeah, we did steal a few things from corner shops and stuff. But it isn't that bad. Is it?

"Well, since we told you what we're in here for. It would only be fair if you guys returned the favor." I turned around on my cot and let my legs hang off of it. I put my hands on the sides of my face and sat in a story-time position - Elyar say next to me. Everyone seemed to look at Armpit.

"I guess i'm starting. huh?" Everyone nodded. "Okay, I got sent here when I was 14. I was at the movies with some popcorn and this arsehole of a kid tripped me up and I spilled the popcorn all over myself. He started yelling things to me, so I punched him in the nose." Everyone laughed, even Armpit.

"Seriously? You're in here for punching a kid in the nose?" El seemed surprised. "So, who's next?" X-ray put his hand up.

"I was selling bags of oregano and parsley to people who thought it was marijuana" I still couldn't believe that Armpit got in here for such a little thing. But, I guess, a crime is a crime. The way X got in here was a little bit worse. In a way, X-ray was helping the people who bought the oregano and parsley from him because he wasn't actually giving them any drugs. Okay, he did rip them off, but the people he sold it too should have known. Magnet went next.

"I tried to steal a puppy." Magnet said.

"They wanted a thousand bucks for just one puppy" Squid added

"I would have made it out. If my pocket didn't start barking." Magnet laughed his weird laugh again. But nobody cared. Everyone else was laughing with him.

"What about you, Stanley." I turned towards Stanley so that I was facing him.

"I stole a pair of shoes, Clyde Livingston's shoes."

"No you did not steal any Clyde Livingston Sweetfeet shoes!" El was as shocked as I was! Clyde Livingston was El's favourite baseball player. Plus, it's Stanley. I would have never expected Stanley, of all people, to steal Clyde Livingston's shoes.

"Wait. How'd you get them? He's like the fastest guy in the majors, right?" I was surprised I knew that as I wasn't a big fan of sports. But, I guess El rambling on about baseball did actually teach me something for once.

"He donated them to a homeless shelter" Stanley went on. "So, next."

"Skipping school, breaking into homes and stealing loose change and soda." Squid said. Looks like Elyar and I weren't the only ones in here for multiple crimes.

"Oo! Looks like we got a bad boy." El exclaimed.

"I like your brother." Squid smiled. "Next person."

"What about you Zero?" I asked - silence. This kid just didn't like talking did he. "Okay, Ziggy?"

"I set a peice of styrofoam on fire and the flames got out of control. Ended up burning down one of the portables." I had to fight back the laugh as it began to get dark.

"Come on, lets take you back to your tent." I said as I stood up and began to walk out of the tent. "You coming?" He nodded.

"Bye, Elyar" everyone said - It was almost like they were in sync or something. It was creepy.

It only took us a few minutes to get back to B tent - this time, we didn't get lost.

"Hey," I stopped him before as he turned away towards his tent. "You aren't going to leave me without hugging me, are you?" He rolled his eyes and walked over to me. We wrapped our arms around eachother and stood there, hugging each other. I didn't want my time with him to end. But he had to get back before dark. I pushed him away from me and let him walk back into his tent. And with that, I walked back to my tent, too.

When I got back everyone was in their Pyjamas.

"You guys are ready early" I said as I walked over to my cot. "Are you guys gonna-"

"We know what to do" X-ray interrupted me and they all turned around. I rummaged through my back for my bikini. Since there wasn't a lake, I might as well have used my bikini for something. I grabbed my towel, wrapped it around me, and went to go find the showers - which wasn't that hard to do considering they were only around the corner.