Chapter 14 - I earn my nickname

I had been walking around for what seemed like ages, just hoping not to bump into Stanley. At the moment, nothing could be worse. I decided that I'd try to find my way to the wreckroom - hopefully not seeing anyone on my travels.

Whilst I was walking around the camp - completely lost - I saw a group of delinquents standing outside their tent. One had bright ginger hair (it was almost the colour of the jumpsuits! Another was wearing an orange hat over his hair, and the last, ergh... Chelsie. My body shudders just at the sound of her name. I wasn't turning back, though. And I couldn't stay there.

In the hope that Chelsie didn't see me, I wandered over to the wreckroom. But, it's Chelsie Black. And Chelsie Black sees and knows everything going on whether you like it or not. We exchanged looks of revulsion, her bleach blonde hair blowing in front of her face a little. Oh god! She was coming over, her combat boots brushing against the desert floor as she got closer and closer. I instantaneously turned towards the door with a sign that had the word wreckroom plastered across it. I rapidly walked across to the chair in front of the old 70's T.V. and launched myself onto it. Luckily, nobody else was there. Then maybe I had a good shot at giving this arsehole what she deserved.

"So, Nicole." I looked over to the door. It was Chelsie. "You didn't answer my question. How did you get into this camp?"

"I believe I should be asking you the same question, Chelsie" I hissed as I looked over to the person that put me through hell and back.

"Don't sass me! Now answer my question!" Chelsie was walking closer and closer to me.

"Your one nosey little bitch, aren't yah?" I sat up on the old sofa and put my right leg over the other. I knew I wouldn't be able to dodge this question for long.

"Was it because of your daddy?" she said, mocking me with every word that passed her lips.

"Shut up." I muttered as I haltingly stood up.

"What, was it because your daddy ratted you out?"

"I said shut up!" I screamed as I threw myself towards her. I felt her grab my hair and yank as if she was trying to pull an elastic band out of my hair or something. I mean, all I did was return the favor.

The first punch glanced at my chin. I noticed a bit to late as when I got ready to punch her, her second punch doubled me over as I gasped for air. I have to admit, it was one heck of a shot, but I wasn't giving up that easily. She began to step back in amusement as I spat out blood onto the wooden floor. As she began to turn away, obviously thinking she had won the fight, I stood up and launched myself towards her and give her a good old punch to the face. One punch coming after another, forcing her to fall to the floor. I sat on top of my opponent still punching her, writhing her hair out like there was no tomorrow.

I heard people outside and I hastily got to my feet, as did Chelsie. She stood straight, eyes bulging with rage, and stared at me, her mortal enemy. I had her where I wanted her.

"Why... you... little..." Chelsie took a lurching step forward with each word. On the fourth word, she swung for me. "Bitch!"

The blow was weak. I knew the second Chelsie launched it, I would easily dodge it. I smirked. Before Chelsie could even register the dodge, I made another body shot, this one to her ribs. She didn't fall, although her reputation would have taken a beating weather she won the fight or not. I went in for another shot, but to my astonishment, she dodged it and punched me in the stomach. My body raging with anger, I grabbed her by the collar and pushed her up against the wall, knocking over the snooker ques while I was at it.

"Whoa! What's going on here? It sounds like a toolbox is having a gang bang or something!" X-ray said as he slowly stopped at the door and questionably looked in our direction. I didn't bother looking at him; he probably would have known who it was anyway. You know. We are the only two girls in the camp. It can't be that hard to recognize us. Chelsie shoved me off of her and pushed me to the ground. I stood back up rapidly and got ready to beat the rest of the shit out of her.

Not moments later X-ray and Ziggy came between us, both holding us metres apart. Chelsie was out of breath. And, to be honest, so was I.

"That bitch better stay away from me! I'll kill her!" Chelsie shouted over X-ray's shoulder.

"What, you scared your gonna loose your 'reputation'?" I cried back, emphasizing every word.

"Me? Loose my reputation to a punk like you? Ha! Keep dreaming!" She screamed, still struggling to push past X-ray.

"Well you are the arse-wipe that followed me in here!" I bellowed as Ziggy grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in front of him. My body was still shaking with resentment as anger flooded my body like a tsunami.

"Oh, yeah! I'm the arse wipe!" Chelsie was really starting to bug me. And the fact that I couldn't go and finish her off was even more annoying.

"Hey, don't listen to her. She's here for the same reason as everyone else." Ziggy whispered, trying to calm me down.

"What do you mean?" I replied, I was quite confused actually. "I thought we were all in here for different reasons."

"You know if he wasn't holding me back, I would have had you in the hospital by now!" Chelsie roared, finally giving up trying to get past X.

"Oh shut up, fucktard!" I screamed back, still not able to see past Ziggy.

"She's a feisty one, ain't she" X-ray said to Zigzag. Zigzag nodded. When he turned his head back around to focus on keeping from running over and putting that she-devil in a coma I gave Ziggy a look of confusion as the anger still boiled up inside me. Ziggy turned me around by my shoulders and pushed me towards the door.

"Come on feisty, we're taking you back to the tent." X-ray said, letting go of Chelsie and heading towards the door with Zigzag and I.

"So, what did you mean?" I looked at ziggy - who was now holding my hand, making sure that I didn't try to go back to the wreckroom.

"What do you mean?" he gave me a puzzled look.

"You know. She's in here for the same reason as everyone else. I thought that we were all in here for different reasons.

"What I meant was that we have all committed a crime to get in here."

"Oh" I said as we approached the tent. I was surprised Chelsie didn't come running after us and try to kill me or something. We walked back into the tent, and everyone was there. And by everyone, I mean the rest of D tent.

"What, so my nicknames feisty now, huh" I walked over to my bed, noticing that my knife was carefully placed beside my backpack underneath my cot.

"Why, you don't like it?" X-ray said as I pulled my backpack out and put it on my knee

"No, no, no. I like it." I reached into my bag and pulled out a packet of crisps each for them, throwing one to each person around the tent. Even Stanley. But, what can I say, I was in a good mood; I was still angry with Chelsie, but I was in a good mood.

"Thanks, feists"I smiled at Squid as he tore open the packet and looked at them as if each individual crisp was a distant memory. Carefully eating each crisp one by one. I guess when you've been in Camp Green Lake for as long as he has, you begin to miss the little things like crisps and candy.