Chapter 7

2012

* Damon Salvatore's P.O.V *

I was pacing in the living room of the boarding house trying to brainstorm . There MUST be someone who can help me with my " Original " problem . Stefan was sitting on the couch daydreaming .

" There has to be SOME way we can put a stop to the originals ! " I said in annoyance .
Stefan looked up and shrugged .
" Maybe you should try and contact the original witch . She might know . " Stefan said .

" No , that won't work .... BUT I we can try and contact the original Bennett witch , Aryanna . " I said .

I was happy . I finally thought of something ! HA ! Stefan got up and called Bonnie . 30 miniutes later , Bonnie arrived with her estranged mother , Abby .

" What is SHE doing here ? " I asked , making a face.
" There must be two witches to complete the spell . " Bonnie explained .

She opened the bag they'd brought with them and started to draw a pentagram and light candles .

Right when everything got set up , Elena walked in .

" Look who's here ! " I teased .

Elena rolled her eyes and sat down , asking what we were doing . After I'd explained it to her , Bonnie and Abby began . They said a few incantations in Latin and the flames on the candles turned red .

I saw the ghost of the original Bennett witch . She was a friend of Esther , the original witch .

" Who has summoned me ? " asked the ghost .

" Bonnie Bennett and the Salvatore brothers . " Bonnie said in a clear voice .

" So my ancestor has called upon me . " the ghost stated .

" Yes. " Bonnie agreed .

" How can we stop the originals ? " I asked .

" You seek to destroy Esther's creations , no? " she asked.

" Yes . " Stefan said .

" Then you must start where it all began . " said the ghost .

" What do you mean ? " Abby asked .

" Tatia ? " Elena asked .

" No . There was another . " the spirit said .

" There was another Petrova ? " asked Stefan , surprised .

" Hair dark , skin pale , clothed in winter's icey viel . Frozen for ever in a dreamless sleep . Never to awake . " said the spirit .

" But  there is no record of any other Petrova woman . " I said .

" That is because she is not to be remembered . She was the key  . The key . To find the answer you seek , you must look back . " said the ghost .
" How do we wake her ? " asked Bonnie .
" Petrova blood was her doom , Petrova blood will be her salvation . " the ghost said and then faded .

" Does anyone else know what that meant ? " I asked .

Bonnie rolled her eyes.

" It meant that we need Petrova blood to set her free . Whoever " her " is . " Bonnie said .

" There's more to is then that. We'd need to preform the spell of the Old Ages . " Abby said .

" Then we'll do it . " Bonnie said .

" No . It's too dangerous . It's dark magic to bring someone back or undo a spell . You don't control the dark arts, they control you . Nobody uses the spell of the Old Ages . Not event he most powerful of our kind . Not to mention it involves Petrova blood . " Abby said .

" It'll be fine . You said it yourself , spells are more effective and powerful if you have more witches and Elena can sapre a few drops . " Bonnie argued .

" If it will help us stop Klaus and the originals, I'll do it . " Elena said .

Bonnie , Stefan and I nodded .

" Alright . We'll do it tonight . " Abby agreed .

Later that night , Bonnie , Elena ,Stefan , Caroline and I were all in the attic of the boarding house setting up for the spell .

" Do you think it will work ? " Elena asked .

" It should . " Bonnie said .

" So remind me why we're doing all this again .... " Caroline whinned .

" To get rid of Klaus and bring back one of the Original Petrovas  . I don't know . Something about a key. I have no idea why the ghost didn't say to bring back Tatia , but I guess we'll see . "  I said .

Abby arrived with 3 other witches and they each sat on a part of the circle and grabbed hands . There were candles in between them and one big candle in the middle . Bonnie sat down and grabbed 2 of the women's hands . Elena took her seat in the middle of the circle holding the big candle .

Bonnie took a deep breath and began to speak .

" We , as the power of 5 , call upon the spirits and the elements . We seek someone in a deep sleep . Hair dark , skin pale , clothed in winter's icey viel . The youngest Petrova ! The original Petrova , the ancestor of Tatia . Help us summon her and call her forward to vanquish our foe ! We sacrifice Petrova blood . " Bonnie said as cut the tip of Elena's finger so that a small drop of blood was visible . Bonnie dripped Elena's blood into a bowl of water , roses , lavender , salt and White Ash Tree leaves .

The candle turned Blue and then went out .