Chapter 9

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I was walking down the sidewalk , still furious with Klaus . A blue car pulled up alongside me and a man with dark hair and piercing blue eyes was staring at me . I recognized him as one of the men I'd just seen at Klaus's house .
" Need a ride ? " he asked .
" I don't even know you . " I protested .
" I'm Damon . Damon Salvatore . " he said , looking me over .
" Why should I trust you ? I just saw you with Klaus . " I said .
" I'm trying to get rid of the originals . My brother and I awoke you for your help . " he explained .
" What do you mean ? " I asked .
" Get in . " Damon said .
I walked around and got in the car before it sped off .
" We've tried everything to get rid of the original family . We thought if we contacted one of the oldest witches , she could tell us how to stop them . Aryanna Bennett's ghost told us to start where it all began , with the original Petrova . She said you were the key . Aryanna's ancestor , Bonnie and her mother preformed the spell of the Old Ages . We didn't think it worked but here you are . " Damon said .

" Wait , what year is it ? " I asked .
" 2012 . " he said .

" Things are so ... different . " I muttered .
" Don't worry , if you'll let me , I'll help you threw this . " he said reassuringly .

I nodded .
" You can stay with us . " Damon said .

" That's very kind of you . " I said .

Damon nodded and halted the car .

He got out and got the door for me , and put an arm around me , walking me to the door . We walked inside and I gasped when I saw the other man that had been with Klaus .

I hissed and almost lunged .

" It's alright ,you're safe , nobody will hurt you . " Damon said gently .

The man looked up and his jaw dropped .

" Anastasia , this is Stefan , my brother . " Damon said .

I untensed as Stefan walked over and kissed my hand .
" Miss Petrova . " he said politely .

" Please , call me Anna . " I said , smiling .

" Anna , I'll show you to your room . " Damon said .

" I can grab her things . " Stefan offered .

" Do you have any other clothes ? " Damon asked .
" No , not really . Just my dresses , but I don't know if silk keeps as long as I've been asleep . " I said .

" I have an idea . " Stefan said .
He pulled out a device I later learned was a phone and typed something .

Within a few minitues , a blonde haired girl walked through the door . She gasped and gawked when she saw me .

" Tatia ? " she asked .

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms .

" Caroline , meet Anastasia Petrova , Tatia's sister . She's the woman Aryana was talking about . " Damon said .
" Anna , Caroline is going to take you to buy something to wear . Caroline , you'll take care of her right ? " Stefan asked .

" Of course . " the blonde smiled .

I nodded .

" That's very kind of you . " I said .

Damon handed me a card .

" What is this ? " I asked .
" A credit card . " he said .

" A credit , what ? " I asked .

" Don't worry Anna , I'll take care of it , come on . " she said as she grabbed my hand and we walked outside and got in a car .

We drove to a place called a mall and then Caroline made me try on all sorts of things . We left with 30 bags ! Bloody hell , I only had 8 dresses 900 years ago .

We got back to the Salvatore house and Stefan's jaw dropped and Damon burst out laughing .
" Sorry boys , it all just looked so good on her. " Caroline said laughing .

I smiled and she hugged me .
" I'll see you later and maybe we can hang out . " she said .

I nodded .

" Thanks Caroline . " I said .
" Don't mention it , you're loads of fun ! " she said and waved before walking out .

I set things up in my new room . It was pretty nice and I decided to take a shower , so I walked down the hall and into the bathroom and let the hot water run over my body .

I wrapped a towel around myself and started walking back to my room when I heard a gasp . I turned around and saw a woman who looked exactly like Tatia . We both screamed and Stefan and Damon came running and stopped in thier tracks when they saw us staring at eachother and me in a towel .

" TATIA ! " we both screamed .

" No , Elena , you're going to give her a heart attack ! Anna , that's Elena , Tatiana's doppleganger . " Damon explained .

I gulped and walked fast into my room and threw on a black tank top and a jean skirt . My hair was almost dry , except at the ends and I wore a lapis locket containing a crystal around my neck . The locket was mine , but the crystal had been given to me by Klaus and Elijah and Kol .

When I walked out , I saw a blonde boy , a man , Stefan , Damon , Elena , Caroline , and another girl that looked kind of like Aryanna .

The people I hadn't met yet gawked at me .
" Who is THAT ? " asked the blonde boy .

" Way to play it cool , Matt . " Caroline giggled .

Damon put an arm around me protectively .
" Anna , this is Matt , Alaric and Bonnie . Bonnie's the witch who summoned you. " he said .

I snorted .

" I hate witches . They brought about my damnation . " I said .

" She looks so much like .... " Alaric said .

" Katherine ? " Stefan asked .

" Yes , but not quite . " Bonnie said .

" So THIS is the Petrova Aryanna was talking about . " Elena said .

" So how do you know Tatia ? " Alaric asked .
I laughed .
" Tatiana was my sister and my best friend . " I said .

I looked at Elena .

" The original was much prettier . " I retorted .

Elena cleared her throat , but said nothing .

" How long have you been asleep ? " Matt asked .
" About 900 years . I would assume my family is dead. " I said .

" And you know how to stop Klaus ? " Bonnie asked .

I snapped my head in her direction .

" Don't say that name . " I growled .

Damon rubbed my shoulder .
" He left me for dead . Twice in one night . " I muttered .

" Twice ? " Alaric asked .
" I don't want to talk about it . " I said .

" Anna , I was um ... wondering if you wanted to come over to dinner at my house tonight ? " Elena asked .

I smiled .

" That's very kind of you , but I couldn't impose . " I replied .

" Please , you're my guest . Stefan and Damon will be there ... " she said .
" Alright . Thank you , Elena . " I said nodding .

I walked off and then turned around and faced her .
" Your nose . " I said .
" What ? " she asked .
" It's unique . It's not like my sister's ... " I said , smiling .

She smiled back and then I walked into my room .