Chapter 24

* Damon's P.O.V *

I tucked Anastasia in and kissed her on the forehead and walked downstairs . Stefan glared at me .

" You got her drunk ? Really ? " he asked , angry .

" Just a little . At least she forgot about ....... " I trailed off .

" I feel bad lieing to her . " Stefan said .
" It's for her own good . " Elena said , putting a hand on Stefan's shoulder lovingly .

" Elena's right . " Caroline agreed .
" I don't know . It seems kind of strange . Lieing to her about the people she cared most about in the world  . I think we should tell her the truth about what really happened . " Tyler said .

I rolled my eyes .
" She's just getting over them . In fact , I'm going to take her out this weekend .  " I said.

" Where ? " Elena asked .
" To the Breaking Dawn premere . " I said .
" Twilght ? " Tyler asked , laughing .

" Yeah , she's team Edward . " I said .
" I'm team Jacob . " Caroline said .

Tyler rolled his eyes .

" We should go . " Elena said.
" I'll watch her tonight . " I said with a sigh .

" You are really ..... committed. " Caroline said .

I nodded .

" You guys go ahead . I need to talk to Damon . " Elena said .
Stefan glared at me and gave her a " Behave " look before walking out with Caroline and Tyler .

Elena looked at me .

" Damon .... you like her don't you ? " Elena asked .
" Alot . " I said .

" Why ? " Elena asked .
I shrugged .

" Because ... she's real . She undestands and she's tough , but at the same time, she's warm and gentle . She's beautiful and wonderful and smart and sarcastic and witty and ...... perfect . " I explained with a smile .

Elena smiled.
" She makes you happy . " she said .
I nodded .

" What if she finds out that you lied about the originals ? " Elena suddenly asked .
" I'll beg her forgiveness and mercy . I only want her to be safe . That's all ANY of us want for her . " I said .

Elena nodded .
" I think she likes you. She cares about you , Damon . She cares about so many people that she's heartbroken if something goes wrong . She just wants her life back . " Elena said .

" I want her to be happy . I want her to be happy with me . I've never felt like this with anyone except Katherine . I think I love her, Elena . " I said .
" Damon ! That's great ! I knew you'd find someone ! " Elena said .

I nodded .
" I just wish she'd forget about Elijah and Klaus and ... Kol . " I said .

" Kol ? " Elena asked .
He kissed her right before he left to go fight Esther . They all did .

" I don't know Damon . You might not want to get involved in this . " Elena said , shaking her head .
" She's worth it . " I said .

" Do you think Tatia will ever come around ? " Elena asked .
" If she does .... they'll kill eachother . " I said .
" Yeah , I guess Anastasia hates her now . I don't blame her . " Elena said .

I nodded .
" It will be a big show down . " I agreed .
" I just hope it doesn't come to that . " Elena said  .

I nodded .

" And if it does ? " Elena asked .

" I don't know .... skip town , maybe . " I said , shrugging .

I knew it would probably come to that sooner or later . It was invetibale .