Chapter 12

* Elijah's P.O.V *

Klaus and I were arguing and Anna was trying to stop us , as always and then she just collapsed . We were all shocked and Kol picked her up gently and carried her up to Klaus's room . ( It was the best room in the house ) . We all went to her bedside and Klaus called Stefan . We had no idea what was wrong with her until Stefan walked through the door with a furious Damon .

" What did you do to her ? " Damon demanded .

" Nothing . " Finn said .

" She just collapsed . " Kol said .

We all looked down at the sleeping beauty before us . She was so pale and still that we all shuddered . She looked so ...lifeless . I could just imagine her in a coffin like that for 900 years and I shook my head as if to clear the timage . She was to young and beautiful for this .She was to full of life and I knew everyone in the room realized it too . No matter what she'd done , she was impossible not to fall in love with . Nobody knew that better then me .

Stefan sat down on the edge of the bed and checked her pulse .
" She has no pulse . " he concluded .

" What does that mean ? " Klaus asked

" It means she hasn't taken any blood and her body had gone into a hibernation . She'll slowly deteriarate . " he said grimly .

Damon shook his head ,
" No . " he said .

" How can we help her ? " I asked .
" She needs blood and she'll wake up in a few days . " Stefan said .
" Why would any of you want to help her ? None of you care about her . You've put her through hell . She'd never admit it , but you can see it in her face everytime she looks at you . " Damon growled .

Klaus gritted his teeth  .

" Don't you EVER make the mistake of saying we don't care about her . " Kol snapped .

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I woke up in a giant canopy bed in a big room with silk sheets . I was in a nightgown and my phone was beside me on the nightstand . Where the hell was I ?

I looked over and I saw Elijah and Klaus asleep in chairs on either side of the bed .They were so beautiful . I hated to see either one of them upset , no matter how cross I was at Klaus .

As if they felt my eyes on them , They both woke up and grabbed my hands . They glared at the other one .
" What happened ? " I asked .

" You collapsed . " Elijah said gently , squeezing my hand .

" Why ? " I asked .
" Because you didn't have enough blood. " Klaus said .

" When is the last time you had any blood ? " Elijah asked.
" The night that I got turned . " I said , yawning .

" WHAT ? " they both asked at once .

" I refuse to take an innocent life . " I stated , crossing my arms .

Elijah looked annoyed .
" Darling , you're a vampire . It's kind of our thing . " he said .

I shook my head .

" No , I'm not . I refuse to give in . " I protested .

" If you don't , you'll die , and I refuse to let you die . " Klaus said , sighing .

" I refuse to be a monster . " I said .
" You HAVE to drink ! " Elijah said .
" Why should I ? I've got nothing to live for . My family is dead and I'm alone . " I said , sighing .

" You can't leave us . We just got you back . " Elijah said .
I laughed dryly .

" Yeah , right ! It's you two who left ME isn't it ? And you could've had me back sooner . But that's not why I'm mad . I'm mad because you two won't quite bickering ! And YOU ! " I said , pointing to Klaus .
Klaus smirked .
" You ... just don't even get me started on you . " I said , dissmissing him with a hand .

He chuckled .
Kol walked in carrying a cup of blood . He smiled when he saw me awake .

" You're awake , sweetheart . " he said , handing me the blood .
Elijah sighed .

" She won't drink it . " he said .

" What do you mean she won't drink it ? " Kol asked .
" Ask her yourself . " Klaus said .

" Anna , why won't you drink any blood ? " he asked , leaning agaist the bed post .

" Because , I refuse to succome to this darkness . " I argued .
Kol looked confused .
" But we're vampires . " Kol said .

Elijah and Klaus burst out laughing .

" You're awake ! " squeaked Rebeka .

She ran over and pulled me into a hug .

" Hello , Rebeka . " I said .

She smiled .

" Aren't you thirsty ? " she asked , confused .

The boys broke out laughing .
I rolled my eyes .

" I don't get it .  " she said.

Stefan and Damon walked in and Damon looked relieved .

He came and sat down beside me on the bed.
" Hey . " I said , smiling .
" You scared us . " Stefan said .

" I feel fine . " I said .
" You won't for long . "  Klaus said .
" Why not ? " Damon asked .
" Because she chooses to be difficult and won't drink her blood like a good little girl . " Klaus said .

Stefan sighed .
" I understand . " he said .
" You do ? " everyone asked .

He nodded.

" But if you don't you'll die . " Stefan said .

I shrugged .
" Been there , done that . " I said .

Rebeka let a few tears pour down her cheeks .
" Please , Anna . " she coaxed .
Rebeka looked at me with pleading eyes .

" Rebeka .... " I protested .
" Anna , we just got you back . You were like a sister to me . Look , I'm sorry my brother's are jerks . But please , don't do this to yourself . " she said , grabbing my hand from Klaus.

Klaus snorted .
" I was holding that . " he said .

" Oh shut up . " Rebeka snapped .

I sighed and grabbed the cup of blood and downed it like a shot .

Rebeka smiled .
" You know , you have the power to drive someone absolutely insane . " I said , glaring at the Mikealsons .

" It works . " Kol said .

I rolled my eyes .

" Guys , I could use your help downstairs lifting some things . " Rebeka said , grabbing Elijah , Kol and the Salvatores , pulling them out the door , but not before winking at Klaus .

" Yor sister is delusional . " I said .

Klaus nodded .

" Who's room is this ? Rebeka's ? " I asked .

" No , mine . It's the best room in the house and you're the only one besides me to ever use it . " he smirked .

I got up and noticed the strange night gown .
" Rebeka ? " I asked .

Klaus nodded .

I grabbed my things and changed back into my other clothes and I walked back out of the bathroom . Klaus was pacing .
" What ? " I asked .
" I'm just not good at this whole thing . " he said .

" What ? " I asked .
" I'm sorry . There . I said it . I still care about you . " he said , looking at me sincerly .

I was shocked . 
" You... what ? " I asked .

" I never stopped loving you . " he said .

" I - " I was cut off by his lips crashing onto mine .

This time I didn't fight it . I pulled myself closer to him , tangling my fingers in his hair and I felt him smile into the kiss , knowing that he'd won . We kissed and for the first time in a long time and I felt his passion and realized that our love never died .