Chapter 29

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I was stunned . It was impossible . But how ? How ?

" If you touch my reason for existing again , I will torture you for eternity  . Killing you would be mercy and right now , I have none . " Elijah said , helping me up gently .

Tears streamed down my face . I didn't know if it was from the pain or from seeing my love . My true love . There was no question anymore . I'd seen life without him and it was pointless .

" Anna , get out of here . " he said .

I shook my head. I wouldn't make the same mistake again .

" Damnit , Anna ! " Elijah said , pulling me into a kiss as Alaric got up .

" Go . " he whispered .

I shook my head .

" Go . Angel . I'll be fine . I'll come find you . I promise .I'll just slow him down . " Elijah said .

I nodded and kissed him one last time  . My phone rang . Stefan .
" Anna ! Are you alright ? " he asked .

" I'm somewhat beaten up and broken , but he's back ! Stefan ! Elijah ! He's back ! He saved me . " I said .
" Where are you ? " Stefan asked .

" Some storage house . " I said .
" Good , you're close ! Go stop Rebeka . " he said .

" Why ? She's dead , right ?" I demanded .

" No ! Rebeka is going to kill Elena beacuse the only way to kill Alaric is to kill Elena . " Stefan said .
" But Elijah ! He said he'd come find me . " I argued.
" If Elijah goes up against Alaric , he will die . " Stefan said .

I hung up and started to run after Elena's car because Rebeka would be there . I got there in time to see Rebeka force Elena's car to drive off a bridge into the lake with Matt in the driver's seat .
" NO ! " I screamed and Rebeka snapped her head to see me.

I ran passed her and jumped into the lake . My leg stung in the water. When I got down there , I couldn't get Elena out . I finally ripped the car door off and pulled her out when my boot got stuck in the door . Stefan dove down and got Elena and I felt myself relax a little . I'd helped . I'd saved her. I'd saved alot of people. Maybe I could rest now . Maybe I could sleep again . I thought as I started to fade .

* Elijah's P.O.V *

Alaric died right as I kicked him . Elena was dead . Rebeka had succeeded . I wiped the blood from my lip . Now all I had to do was find Anna . My dearest Anna . My phone rang .
" Elijah ! " Rebeka screamed .
" What ? " I asked .

" It's Anastasia ! She went to save Elena and Stefan just pulled Elena out of the lake . She's dead . A vampire . Stefan bit her and he's waiting for her to wake up but Anna hasn't come out yet. " Rebeka said .

I crushed my phone in my grip and ran full speed toward the lake , jumping in . I saw Anna laying on the bottom of the lake with her foot caught in a door . Her bad leg . I grabbed her around the narrow waist and pulled her onto the shore , gently laying her on the bank . Kol , Rebeka and Klaus walked out of the woods .

I pushed on Anna's chest . I knew she'd be alright , but still .

" Wake up ! Come on Anna ! Get up ! DAMNIT ANNA ! DON'T DO THIS TO ME ! " I yelled .

Stefan was on the other side of the lake , crying with Elena's body . It was either Anna or Elena and I chose Anna . This was the worst decision of my life to leave her like this . It drove her insane.

Elena and Anna fluttered thier eyelids and got up at the same time . Anna gasped when she saw all of us  and she shook her head .
" No , I'm dreaming . Wake up , Anna  . You're delusional . " She muttered .

" Anna , darling . You're not delusional . We're really here . " Kol said .

" Impossible . " she said .

She turned to me and I ran to her , pulling me into my arms .

" ELIJAH ! " she said , pulling me closer .

I smiled .

" Yes , angel .I'm here . " I said , strokeing her cheek .

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I was in Elijah's arms. Where I belonged . I loved him so much . So so much . I heard someone else .
" Elena ! Elena you're a vampire . " Stefan said .
I pushed out of Elijah's arms and in an instant , I was over at Elena's side . She WAS a vampire .

" This is all my fault ." I said .

" No , it's not . It's thiers . " Stefan said , spitting in the Originals direction .
" But ------ " I protested .

" Anna , you saved her ! " Stefan said .

Elen turned to me .
" Thanks . " she said .

I nodded and turned to the originals .
" How could you ? Someone tell me what the hell is going on ? "  I demanded .

Damon appreared at my side .

I spun around and grabbed him around the throat , pinning him against a tree . I was stronger .
 " Now , MR . Salvatore , tell me what's going on . " I demanded again .
" The originals faked thier own death . " he choked out .

I gasped .
" Did you know ? " I asked .

Silence . I grabbed a branch and shoved it through his stomach .
" DID YOU KNOW ? " I asked , driving the branch deeper .
" Yes  . Everyone did . Even Elena  . " Damon said .

I dropped him and turned to my so called " friends and family " before me . I laughed dryly .

" You all lied to me . You all betrayed me . " I said .

I paced and stopped in front of Elena .
" I saved you .... " I said .

I turned to the originals .
" I risked my life for you . " I said to Rebeka and Kol .

I turned to Elijah and Klaus .
" I got tortured for you . " I said .

I walked over to the Salvatores and turned to them .

" And you two ! Well you brought me back from hell only to send me back ." I said .

I turned away and everyone was silent .
" And here I thought maybe someone cared whether I lived or died , but I see you only care for yourselves . " I said .

I looked up at the moon .

" Go to hell . All of you . " I said and I walked down the road away from Mystic Falls .