Chapter 50

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I woke up with my head on something firm . I looked up and saw it was Damon's chest .

" AHHHH !!!! " I said , falling off the bed in my panic .

I heard Damon chuckle as I pulled myself to my feet .

" Morning to you to . " he said .

I rolled my eyes and walked over, sitting away from him on the other side of the bed .

" Don't you think cooties are a little third gradish ? " he asked .

I sighed and checked my phone and my eyes got HUGE .

MISSED CALLS :

Klaus - 54

Kol -23

Rebeka - 69

Elijah - 237

" Oh . My . God . They're going to blow up my phone . " I said .
" Who ? " Damon asked .
" Who do you think ? " I asked sarcastically .
" The easter bunny. " he said , smirking.
" I have to work this out ." I said , walking out of the room .

I was walking down the sidewalk when something ambushed me . I didn't have anything to fight back with and the vampire was ontop of me . I pushed it back  second and kicked it .

" Damn . Strong , even for a human. " it said and then attacked me again , this time , about to sink it's fangs into my neck .

" Don't you know it's not polite to attack a woman ? Espeacailly one , that on a good day can kick your ass ? " asked a voice , pulling the creature off of me.

Elijah .

He staked it easily with a nearby tree branch and then threw the body down .

" Perfect , timing  , if I do say so myself . Are you alright ? " he asked , pulling me up off of the sidewalk .
I was panting but managed a thumps up.

" What were you doing out here without protection , anyway ? " Elijah scolded .

" Coming to see you . " I said ,  looking up at him and his features softened .

" Oh. " he said .
" Elijah , we have to talk . " I said , sternly .

" Walk with me . " he said , extending his elbow for me to grab .

I sighed and took his elbow as we started to walk . We were silent a moment in the akwardness .

" It shouldn't be like this between us . " he said .

" Shouldn't it ? " I asked .
" Anastasia , I wouldn't put you through that . I swear to you upon my honor and my place as an original vampire that I did not kiss Rose . " he said , looking deep into my hazel eyes .

I looked back into his endless eyes and there was no sign of lying or secrets . Only love and .. sadness .
" I-I believe you . I'd know if you were lying to me . " I said , grabbing his hand .
A crooked smile spread across his lips .

" Anna , I'm so sorry ... even though I didn't do anything. " he said.

I nodded .

" You know , girls are suckers for the whole " hero " thing . " I said , strokeing his cheek .
He laughed .
" So . where YOU going ? " I asked , crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow .
" I .. uh ... I was going to give you these ." he said , handing me a bouquet of white roses .
" White. For .... " I started , but he cut me off.

" Love . " he said .

I smiled.

" Oh and this ! " he said , grabbing a Team Edward t-shirt from his pocket .
" You shoudn't have ! You know I melt for Edward ! " I said , hugging him .

" What does Edward have that I don't ? " Elijah asked .

" Uh .. he sparkles . " I said.
" Say no more. " Elijah said , putting an arm around me to pull me closer .