Chapter 22

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I walked back inside with Jeremy and Tyler .

" I can't stand around and do nothing ! I'm not the lawn ornament type ! "

" Calm down . They'll be fine . " Tyler said .

" Besides , Damon told us to keep you here . " Jeremy added .

" I don't take orders . " I said , grabbing a glass of wine .

" Are you old enough ? " Tyler asked .

" I'm 17 with 983 years of experience . I can drink whatever the hell I want . " I said .

Caroline and Matt walked up to us .
" Hey Anna . Great entrance . I LOVE your dress . " Caroline said .

" Oh , thanks . I got made it . " I said , looking at the door as if I could see them walking back safe and sound .

" Are you alright ? " Matt asked .

I shook my head to get the image out of my head.
" I'll be alright . As soon as they walk through the door . " I whispered.

" Who ? " Caroline asked.

" The Originals . " Tyler said .
" Where did they go ? " Matt asked .
" To stop thier mother from killing them . " Jeremy said.

" Take me home. " I said .

" What ? " Jeremy asked .
" I'm under house arrest , right ? Well I think I'd rather be at my house . " I said .

Tyler nodded and Jeremy put an arm around me , leading me out .

" I think I'll walk . " I said .
"Anna ... " Jeremy protested.

" I'll be fine Jeremy . You have my word upon my honor that I won't go anywhere near the woods. " I said .

Jeremy sighed and nodded.
" I'll meet you at your house. " he said .

I nodded and picked up my full skirt , exposing my gold heels as I started walking back toward my house . The town was deserted because everyone was at the ball and as I was walking, I slid my heels off and carried them in one hand as I held my gloves in the other . I heard thunder as it started to sprinkle . I was walking in the middle of the road when a fimiliar voice called me  .

" ANNA ! ANNA ARE YOU CRAZY ? ! " Damon called .

I hadn't realized the rain was pouring . Damon ran up behind me , soaked . I looked down at my dress , soaked .
" Where are they ? " I asked when Damon had put his jacket over my shoulders .

He was silent .
" Damon , where are they ? ! " I demanded .
" Anna , I'm sorry . " he said .

Tears streamed down my cheeks and I fell onto the ground in the middle of the road , red and gold fabric fanned out around me like a flower . My hair was soaked and I blinked back tears .

Damon fell to my side and put his arms around me . Some people came running after him . They were all blurred . I didn't care who saw me like that . I never would care again . He was gone . They were gone . Elijah , Kol , Finn, Rebeka .... Klaus .

" Damon ! ANNA ! " Caroline called from under a big umbrella .

Tyler , Matt , Elena and Stefan were all under other umbrellas .

" Oh ANNA ! " Elena called through the rain .

Damon gently picked me up and carried me under Stefan's umbrella because Stefan got under one with Elena .
" How is she ? " Stefan asked .
" She's in shock . " Damon said , stray hair from my face .

They got me inside of Elena's house and Damon set me down on the couch .

" Anna , Anna , love ? " Damon asked .

I snapped my head up .

" What did you just call me ? " I asked.

" Damon . " Stefan warned.

" I'm sorry , Anna , honey . " Damon said .

" They're gone . He's gone. " I muttered .

Everyone gathered around me and I laughed dryly .
" I should've known . " I whispered .
" Should've known what ? " Caroline asked , handing me a tissue .

" That they'd be gone . Nothing lasts .Not even love . If anyone knows that it's me . My family was murdered right in front of me and I never even got to say goodbye . My sister and my boyfriend had an affair , I was murdered ... twice and now I have nobody left . " I said , laughing .

Elena pulled me into a hug.
" You have me . We're related , right ? " she asked .

" I suppose . I'm your great great great great great great great great aunt . Give or take a few aunts .  " I said .

Elena laughed.

" And you have me . " Damon said , pulling me close .
" And me . " Stefan said .
" And of course , me . " Caroline said .

" You've got us . " Tyler and Jeremy said .
" And me . " Matt said .

" But most importantly , me . " a voice said from the door .

I got up and ran into Katherine's arms .

" They're gone , Kat . " I said .
" I know . " she said .

Katherine hugged me and held me for a few moments and then I fell to the floor .

* Damon's P.O.V *

I ran over to Anna , who fell on the floor .
" Is she alright ? " Elena asked .
" Probably exhustion and shock . " Stefan said as we laid her on the couch .

" She's really out of it right now . " Matt said .
" You would be too . " Caroline said defensively .
" Klaus and Elijah told me to take care of her . " Damon said .
" You already do that . " Tyler said , rolling his eyes .
"Yeah , really ! You treat her like glass ! " Jeremy said.
" She's kind of a danger magnet in case you guys haven't noticed . " I said .
Stefan laughed .
" What? " Elena asked .

" An original with manners , compassion and a big sign that says : KILL ME IF YOU CAN ! " he said , laughing.

I chuckled .
" I think bringing her back was the best thing we could've done. If not for entertainment purposes . " Katherine joked .

We all looked down at the sleeping woman on Elena's couch .
"  I wonder if she's the original inspiration for  Sleeping Beauty ? " Caroline asked .
" I don't know that much about her past . "Tyler said .

" Esther told Mikeal to kill her . What else is there ? " Matt asked .
" Well I KNOW that. How ? " Tyler asked .

" They locked her in a coffin and threw her in the lake . It's been frozen ever since . At least until she woke up . " Jeremy explained.

" I just hope she's alright with this whole thing . " Elena said , glancing down at her ancestor .

* 3rd Person P.O.V *

Down on the couch , Anastasia Petrova dreamed . And in her dream she was reuninted with her family and her true love . But which one is it ?  There are some new secrets ... will they ever come to light ? Will Anna ever truly know what happened to the Mikealsons ? Is there a future for Damon and Anna ? Will Anna ever get a chance at happiness ? Was Damon really the Raven ?