Chapter 37

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

We got off the motorcycle at my house from dinner at the originals and as soon as we got off the bike , Elijah pulled me close and we started kissing  .I picked me up , still kissing me , carrying me all the way to the door . I fiddled with the key while still kissing him and Elijah smiled as he kicked the door open and we headed for the couch . He sat down with me on his lap and I entangled my narrow fingers in his thick dark hair . He pulled me closer and started to work his way down to my neck , while putting a hand on my thiegh .and then I heard a disgusted sound . We paused  and pulled back to see Elena and Jeremey and Damon . I looked at Elijah and he immediately took his hand of my thiegh , pushed me off of him and appeared on the other side of the room leaning against the doorway in one move . Damn . Why did they have to just show up ? DAMN ! It better be freaking bloody important . I sighed .

" What ? " I asked , getting up and crossing my arms .

" Easy. " Elijah cautioned .

" I wondering if I could talk to you ... alone . " Elena said .

I sighed.

" I suppose . Darling , enterain our guests while Miss Gilbert and I have a chat . " I said , walking over and kissing his cheek .
" We were so close . " he whispered.
I smirked .
" They won't be here forever . " I replied , strokeing his cheek .

He smiled and kissed my hand . I turned around and lead Elena into the sitting room upstairs and we sat down on the the two couches .

" What's on your mind , Elena ? " I asked , pouring some tea.

" Well Alaric is dead and he was the only guardian I had left . He was my step father ... " she started .
" I'm sorry for your loss . " I added .

" Thanks . It was Esther's fault . " Elena said .

I laughed dryly .

" Isn't it always . I trust you know my opinions of the bitch . " I said , propping my feet up .

Elena smiled .
" You  took the words right out of my mouth . " she said .

I laughed .

" What does this have to do with me ? " I asked .
" Well ... you're the only realitve I have left . I'm only 17 and I'm legally a minor . So is Jeremey and they might seperate us if we don't have any more family. " Elena said  .

I looked down.
" We are family . Right ? You could become my guardian . You could be my aunt on my birth mother's side . " Elena said .

I sighed .
" So you want me to ..... take care of you ? " I asked .
" Well ... in a sense . " Elena said .
I put my tea down .

" And what about Elijah ? He would be your uncle . Would you be alright with that ?" I asked .

" Of course . Elijah is an honorable and a nobel man . " Elena said .
" And me ? What of me ? " I asked .

" I really do care about you , Anastasia . You're my family . My birth family and you and Jeremey and Stefan are all I have left . Besides , it's been awhile since I had a mother figure . " she said , tearing up .

" I've never had children Elena . I don't know what to do , only what I learned from my mother . The originals ... they'd be your family too and with the wedding .... " I started .
" It could work . Please , Aunt Anna . I'll help you through it. " Elena said .

I sighed .
" I suppose you're an orphan and I feel responsible for you because you are indeed my decendant . I'd be lucky to have such a daughter as you , Elena . You must understand , I will treat you two as my children , for I have no other way to treat you in this situation . My mother was a mother and a friend . I hope it will be the same with us . " I said .

A wide smile crossed Elena's face as she pulled me into a hug .
" It's time I've had a family again . " I said .

" Oh thank you , aunt Anna ! Thank you ! It also helps that my new guardian is an original vampire that kicks ass . " Elena said , giggling.
" Only on the weekends . " I muttered.

She giggled and we linked arms and walked downstairs.

I paused at the top of the stairs .

" Jeremey ! She said yes ! We'll be a family again ! " Elena said .

She ran down and hugged him.

" What is going on ? " Elijah asked.
" Darling , a moment ? " I asked .

He nodded and we walked back up to the sitting room.

" Elijah , darling , love of my life , here me out . " I said , rubbing his shoulder .

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms .

" Well .... Elena and Jeremey ...they don't have any legal gaurdians except ... me . " I said .
" They want you two take care of them like mother goose ? " Elijah asked .
" Like an aunt . Elijah , I know what it's like to be alone and I don't wish that on anyone . Espeacially not my decendant . " I said .

Elijah sighed .
" So I'd be .... " he started .
" Thier  "uncle " . " I said .

Elijah chuckled .
" Well , I suppose we should make up the guest rooms . " he said .
I nodded .

" We need a bigger house . " I said .
" Top of my to do list , love . " he said .

We walked downstairs and Elena and Jeremey were standing there , hopeful .
" Welcome to the Original Family . Don't dissapoint us ." Elijah said .

I smiled as Elena jumped up and down and hugged us . Jeremey hugged me and shook hands with Elijah .

" Isn't that sweet ? You just moved into the lion's den . " he said , sarcastically .

I rolled my eyes .

" I dislike you greatly at the moment . " I glared .

Damon rolled his eyes .

" Aunt Anna , you have a conference with my teacher tomarrow . " Jeremey said .
" Oh ? A what ? " I asked .
Elijah chuckled .
" You need to speak with Jeremey's teacher . Grades , I assume ? " Elijah said .
Jeremey nodded.
" What subject ? " Elena asked .

" History ." Jeremey said .

I giggled .
" Elijah can tutor you . After all , he did live through it , right love ? " I asked , rubbing his hand affectionately .

He smiled and nodded .
" You would've too ,but you were locked in a box . " Elijah chuckled.

I slapped him lightly . This was a strange twist on my strange life .