Chappie 19

HYUNRA POV

"I lied, I remember much more than I told you. Much more."

He looks taken aback. I can't blame him for that.

"I-I remember her. My step-sister. I remember Raehwa. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this. I was trying to convince myself I don't know her, that I don't remember her. I was wishing that I didn't actually remember the frightening thing that happened between us two, but... I did." I explained.

He seemed to be processing what I just said and then he spoke.

"It's fine, I understand that you didn't want to believe such a traumatic past. But, next time...just tell me. I'll try to help the best I can."

"Jeong-Jeonghan..." I stuttered.

"Yes?"

"You-you see... At the bakery I work at, the owner has a daughter, and she is working with me."

"Ok, but why are you telling me this? Is she bullying you?" His eyes grew wide.

"No, nothing of that sort, she's super nice actually. And that's where the problem is. I overheard her mother call her 'Raehwa' but she told me her name is Hwareun. I also overheard their argument something about finding a girl and returning to someone else.

Additionally, she looks quite similar to Raehwa but she's...super nice. Like, she's polite and all. She's not that mean person who slaps you whenever she likes." I explained.

"I'm not sure what to say. Honestly, you didn't like to open up to me about your family issues. All I know is that your Raehwa wasn't treating right and it was Seungcheol who told me that after you were admitted to the hospital. You know that you went to the hospital right?"

I nodded my head grimly. "So you don't know much? I'm sure my oast self had reasons to keep it from you. I'm sorry but, I think I can only reveal it after I regain my memories. If I ever." I sighed sadly and hoped that he understood.

"But what you said, about the baker's dayghter. Are you sure that she might actually be Raehwa?"

"I'm just saying that there is a high chance. Or it's just my dumb brain being delusional." I shrugged, pretty clueless and confused about what's going on.

I muttered an almost inaudible 'whatever' under my breath before clearing up my rubbish.

"Ey, Jeonghan. Tell me more about me and the people who were close to me."

"Erm... Let's see." He thought for a second and pulled me to the sofa where we both slouched side-to-side comfortably on.

"You were...my first and only love."

I laughed when he said that, I don't know why I did that. Maybe to ease the awkwardness?

"You were this trouble maker in school and you got detention at least 3 times every week. But somehow, your grades were always at the top of the school. Me, on the other hand, was this small, shy and totally not outspoken boy who followed you everywhere like your shadow since we were in our diaper days."

I laughed again when he said that.

"Me? Detention every week? Seriously?"

"Yea, wasn't your fault though. You always had a strong sense of justice and you always stood up against bullies. And you always fought with them, ending you up in detention."

"I'm surprised I wasn't kicked out."

"Nah, you were the best out of the best student in the entire town, kicking you out wouldn't do good for the school.

Oh! And the funny thing is: you were always trying to act tough, saying that you weren't fighting for the bullied one's but instead you were fighting because the bullies were too loud." Jeonghan laughed at me.

"Seriously? I sounded so lame, hahaha." I laughed with him.

"I just followed you wherever you went, I was always the one taking care of you and nagging at you. I was like your mom.

I always knew that you had many troubles back home but I didn't dare to ask you. You always seem to flare up when I mentioned it, but then you always immediately apologized right after you saw my frightened face."

"I totally sound like a nice person." My voice dripped with sarcasm.

"You actually were a super nice person. In highschool, you were feared by the school while managing to keep your grades up but you always...you always come running to my house in the evening, soaked in tears while saying that yoh didn't want to see her.

I soon figured out that that you were talking about Raehwa. And I always let you in. Then Seungcheol always come back at night looking for you in my house. It was a daily routine for us."

My face turned solemn hearing him say that.

"Then one day, like usual, you ran to my house again. But instead, you weren't crying, you looked a bit happy. You kept saying that she's gone or something along those lines.

I realised that you came back from the hospital and found out that Raehwa wasn't here anymore. Seungcheol told me that she apparently ran away from home."

"I'm glad she did." I coldly said with ice on the edge of my voice.

"You instantly became more cheerful and happy ever since she disappeared. Until the day I left, Seungcheol told me you always looked kinda depressed." He paused to think before speaking again.

"Like you were putting on a mask to hide the fact that you weren't happy. Actually, I was pretty upset too, I was overseas as my family had business there and I had to follow them.

But I didn't tell you that I've liked you since we entered middle school. Then, guess what?" He grinned like an idiot, but it was cute.

"What?" I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"You confessed over a video call!" He laughed out loud.

"Hahaha! I confessed? I liked you all the time? But I can't believe I confessed over a video call, it sounds...so weird." I talked about it like it was someone else's story and not my very own life.

It still felt sad to me that I wasn't the same person in the past. And it pained me to not have an identity.

But I was so surprised when Jeonghan suddenly pulled me into a hug out of the blue. A really close one too.

I returned the hug stiffly and hoped it wasn't too uncomfortable for him.

"I hugged you just like that when I came back to see you again." He said softly.

Author notes 📝 :

Aww, the chapter ended sweetly although it was kind of terrible. I'm sorry😣~~

I'm thinking of writing another story of Jeonghan and Hyunra is the past, though I've kind of ruined it for you guys. I'm gonna write in a more detailed way though. What do you think? 😥😛

Also, thanks for 200+ reads 😵 I didn't expect even 100 reads. It seems rly little to others but I bet it means a lot to any author, it meant a lot for me!! 🎉🎊🎈💖

Pls continue to give this story love and support 😋😚~~

Anyways~~Thank you for reading and please vote⭐, comment💬 and share ✅ !
~~♥