Chappie 27

HYUNRA POV

My relationship with Hwarae were progressing rather slowly but they were making improvements. They weren't drastic but at least we weren't as awkward before.

To put simply, I felt comfortable around and I didn't have any strong feelings of hatred towards anymore.

And recently, I've grown an interest in music and singing. I've been hearing Jeonghan sing or hum a lot of songs and they sounded nice so I checked them out.

Turns out some songs he sang are his songs while some others were Seungcheol's songs.

I especially loved 'Adore U' and 'If I' they were really catchy. I started developing a love for singing. But I would immediately shut up when Jeonghan catches me singing.

I was scared he would make fun of me for singing so badly because he is a professional at singing, he literally does that for his life.

But he would occasionally say 'your singing is good'. I didn't believe it though, I think he was just trying to be nice.

But recently, he told me I've been improving, he seemed serious but I would always make a joke out of it and shrug it off.

I was making another one of these jokes today but Jeonghan turned all serious suddenly and asked me, "You know, you really have a talent. I'm serious. I'm not surprise about it, in the past, you had a huge gift in singing and dancing. I couldn't persuade to join the music industry as you set your mind on becoming a prosecutor."

I was glued to his words. Really? Me?

"Why did I want to become a prosecutor that badly? I would kill to become famous now." I joked and laughed.

"Your mom wanted you to become a civil servant as it's easier to make money that way. Being the good daughter you always were, you listened to her advice. No matter how much I persuaded you to chase your dreams, you wouldn't listen." Jeonghan explained.

"But... I'm just trying to say, now's your chance, you were alway singing whenever you could, and you were scouted a few times but you alwaaayyysss declined the offers. Honestly, I was a little irritated that you rejected such a good offers." 

Maybe I could give it a chance...

But I still wasn't very sure. So I shrugged again and he sighed at me and played with my hair.

"Don't touch my hair! I finally got it neat after so many tries!" I said with an tinge of annoyance as he ran away from the sofa we were on.

But truthfully, I didn't mind him touching me. My heart jumped whenever he was near me.

"You look nice with your hair down anyways!" He shouted before closing himself in his bedroom.

That made my heart beat even faster, it felt as if it was going to leap out of my chest.

It won't hurt if I was just a little bit closer to him. Right?
--
JEONGHAN POV

"Hey, Mingyu..."

"Oh, why'd you call me? You never call me, so what's up?" Mingyu said on the other side of the phone.

"It's about Hyunra..."

"Ooohhh, juicy. What about her?" I could almost see him smirking on the other side of the phone.

"She...she likes you. I'm being serious." I told him. The words cut my heart like it was being plummeted by a million thorns, it was that painful. The pain felt unbearable but I was grateful for being able to see her.

I felt bad lying to her but I didn't want her to feel guilty or bad for me.

There was a pause on the phone before his voice came back.

"Se-seriously? Don't try to be funny, Jeonghan, cause it's a really bad joke."

"No, it's not a joke." Sadly,as much as I wish it was a joke, it's not.

"Did she remember me or something? I mean... But she's yours! How can she?..." He sounded as if he didn't know what to say and quite stumped.

"No, that was in the past. She...she doesn't remember me anymore." I said the truth and reality softly, not wanting to accept it but I couldn't deny it no matter what.

It was helpless. I was helpless.

"Are...are you sure? Because... I still have feelings for her, you know I was close to her. But I don't want to hurt you." Mingyu asked my permission considerately.

"You don't need my authority, I-I have moved on too." I tried to sound brave, i tried to sound strong. But honestly, on the inside I was breaking, shattering, falling apart...

I hoped he didn't hear my voice wavering and cracking a little.

"Okay. I get it. I'm not very sure what I'll do yet... But are you sure about this?" He asked again uncertainly.

"Yes." I quickly said and hung up without waiting for his answer.

I finally let my tears flow freely and dug my tear stained face in the soft, comforting pillow.

Now you've done it, don't regret it.

Author notes 📝 :

I'm sorry, there is going to be a lot of errors as I am publishing this straightaway without checking due to the limited time I have.😥

But worry not as I'm gonna check for errors all on this weekend.😊👍

And thank you for the votes 🌟, comments 💬 and reads📖 !

♥~