Chappie 22

HYUNRA POV

I started to grow a little awkward around Hwareun. I wanted to ask her about her family to confirm if she was really Raehwa. But I didn't have the courage to.

If she wasn't, that'll be great. But if she was... I don't know what to do. Like I said, I'm not sure how I'd react. If I'll start ranting at her.

If she was, does she know that I'm her little sister? If she was, does she know that her mom has passed away? If she was, does she know about my accident? If she, if she...

"Why do you look so nervous today? You're kind of pale too. You're not aick are you?" Hwareun asked me worriedly as she reached her hand out to touch my sweat beaded forehead.

I flinched and stumbled backwards when she unexpectedly touched me. I wanted to remove her hands but I seemed to be stuck in my position, unable to move.

Her hands and fingers felt so familiar. It was warm-blooded but it was sort off icy cold to the touch at the same time. The way she cupped her hand and folded her fingers.

She didn't notice my movements and placed her hand on my forehead anyways. "You seem a little cold. Do you want to take a break?" She asked me with concern and looked at me kindly.

No, this can't be Raehwa. She's not so nice. Yea, this is definitely not my evil step-sister. I tried convincing myself, repeating it over and over again.

She's not, she's not, she's not.

My brain seemed to chant on its own.

"Raeh-- I mean Hwareun, it's fine. I'm fine. There's a lot of customers, I can't burden you." I forced myself to plaster a stabbing smile.

"No, please do tell me if you are not feeling well. I can handle the customers." She smiled at me kindly again.

No, of course it's not her.

I dismissed the odd feeling and tried to put myself back to work.

But my fingers weren't working, they were trembling. The thought of my step-sister returning frightened me and sent chills down my bones.

I do not want to experience the same thing again.

"Hyunra! Are you alright?" Someone exclaimed. It was then I realised I drop a plate. There were smithereens of porcelain spreaded right in front of my feets. But my mind seemed to still be in a blur.

There a few small cuts here and there on my feet but the pain didn't seem to get to me. I was numb to the few cuts on me.

Just then, I seemed to snapped back to reality and the stinging, sharp pain finally started poking me.

I jumped back in surprise, clearly having a late reaction.

"I-I'm so sorry. Let me clear this up." I blinked and sighed at the mess I created.

"No, no. Let me do it. You look really unwell, go ahead and take a rest." Hwareun was the one by my side, already kneeling down.

But instead of picking up the broken shards, she gasped at the cuts on my foot. "Your feet, it's bleeding."

"N--no, it--it's fine. I--I can just put a plaster on it." I barely managed to cough out of my dried mouth.

How can I be this clumsy? I mentally slapped myself and sigh again.

I staggered to the washroom and took a closer look at my cuts.

God, it's worse than I thought.