Chappie 28

HYUNRA POV

Why is Jeonghan so cold to me recently? He just came out of his room one night looking kind of emo.

I asked him if he wanted to eat since dinner was ready. He shrugged half-heartedly but he sat down for dinnner anyways.

He's been giving me the cold shoulder whenever I tried to approach or talk to him. I was worried for him, I tried asking him what was wrong but he just won't look at me.

I was getting irritated at this point, my patience was running low. But I was more concerned than irritated. I was concerned because he seemed so down, he looked like he had a lot on his mind, I wish I could help him.

And the irritated part was because I couldn't get his attention, I wasn't able to talk to him.

I told myself to try to stop liking him but I can't help it, I seem to be attracted to him and really want to stick near him.

I always scold myself for caving in to him, whenever he comes back home from work, I would follow him around the house until he finally locks himself in his own room.

But what's the point? Cause, in the end I still don't get anything from him.

I sighed exasperatedly in frustration. Right now, I'm almost a nobody. I have no identity, I don't even remember part of my life. What are the chances of him falling in love with me again?

The sighs didn't seem to stop coming as I sighed again and soullessly flopped myself onto the sofa.

JEONGHAN POV

I heard a sigh come from outside. Then another. What's going on outside?

Probably Hyunii doing her stuff.

Why'd you think of her again?

I scolded myself again but I can't stop myself, my mind always travelled to the image or thought of her someway or another.

I can't block her out. It was even more difficult to avoid when we both are mostly literally are only a few meters apart.

Her pestering wasn't helping my situation in any ways too. I was always that close to talking to her whenever she approached me.

Mingyu told me he'd start talking to her too. I told him to do whatever he wantes to but I didn't mean it, I kind of regret it now.

But I can't take it back now.

HYUNRA POV

My phone was vibrating over and over again on the coffee table but I didn't want to pick it up as I was too lazy to move.

But it didn't shut up and so I had no choice but to reach out my arms for my phone. I know I have short arms. I struggled to get the phone that was almost out of my reach but I got after awhile.

"It's Mingyu? How did he get my number and why's he texting me?" I asked myself.

Oh right, I'm using the same phone as the one I used before my accident. I think he already had my number.

I then noticed his contact name had two emojis beside it. There was a funny face emoji with the tongue sticking out and there was also a yellow heart emoji.

What was my relationship with him like?

I wondered curiously, he couldn't be like my boyfriend or anything right? I mean, wasn't Jeonghan my boyfriend in the past? But then why is there a heart?

I ignored that for now and looked at the messages he sent me.

Mingyu😜💛: Hi :D