Chappie 31

HYUNRA POV

The rest of our day and our dinner went by smoothly, I've got to admit, I had a lot of fun and I had a great time with Mingyu. And time flies when you're having fun. I do hope that I can hangout with him again.

But I still can't believe we are official. I'm still debating over whether it's a good thing or not. I hope I made the right choice.

When I arrived home at night, I saw Jeonghan sitting on the couch, fast asleep. The lights were still on and he looked like he fell asleep unintentionally.

My heart fluttered at the sight of him sleeping peacefully.

He must have heard me lock the doors as he stirred awake and he look startled to see me.

"You're back. It's so late, you could have given me a call." He said, with a worried look etched on his face.

"I'm sorry, I kinda lost track of time." I apologized.

"It's fine. You must be tired, go to bed quickly." He smiled understandingly.

I walked towards my room and I was about to enter it.

"Wait, Hyunra." He called my name suddenly.

I suddenly felt someone hug me gently from behind. I tried to turn around and break free from his holding.

"Please let me stay like this for awhile." Jeonghan whispered softly behind my ears, his words sent tingling feelings down my spine.

I stayed for a few seconds before I  struggled again and he let me go.

"Stop it... I already have a boyfriend..." I said softly, trying to convince myself that I don't love Jeonghan anymore. But it was hard denying my feelings.

He didn't look shock after hearing my words, he just looked really hurt and he looked like he was in pain.

Why is he being like this? Why is he making things so hard for me?

I ran into my room and locked the doors before he could say anything else to me.

My legs finally gave way and I slide down onto the ground pathetically.

I let go of my tears and they ran free as they rolled down continuously down my cheeks. I let out a sob and a soft sniffle.

I covered my mouth and hope that Jeonghan won't hear my muffled cries.

No, it's impossible now. You know you don't love Mingyu, it's not going to work out. You can't deny your feelings, Hyunra.

That's when I decided, I gotta tell Mingyu soon. Even if it breaks his heart, I gotta spill the truth as early as possible.
-
JEONGHAN POV

What am I doing? To myself and to her. I know thay I'm gonna lose her to someone else but this is is hard for me to accpet even though I predicted that it was going to happen.

I sighed and then I cried myself to sleep.

-

HYUNRA POV

It's been a week since I last talked to Jeonghan and when Mingyu confessed to me.

I texted Mingyu to meet me at our usual meeting place, the library cafe.

I feel as if my feelings for Jeonghan got stronger instead of Mingyu. I felt guilty for lying to Mingyu just for my own reasons.

And I told myself that I'm gonna do it, I feel bad but it's better to say it earlier. If I get slapped, punched, shouted at, so be it, it's my own fault.

Mingyu texted me back right away and he sent me a smiley face, he seems eager to meet me.

I'm so sorry, Mingyu. But this isn't going to be what you expect.

-

I was reaching the library cafe and I saw Mingyu outside waiting for me.

I gulped and clenched my fist, pushing myself nearer and nearer to him.

"Hey." I said.

"Hyunra! You're here. What's up? You look so glum." He greeted.

"Wanna head inside?" I avoided his question and gave a slight smile.

He nodded and followed inside.

It was quite early in the morning so no one was in here yet, even the cafe cashier wasn't here yet.

We sat down and I felt my face turned solemn.

"Mingyu. Please take what I'm about to say seriously." I started.

His smile disappeared and he nodded slowly.

"Look, you are a really nice guy. I had fun with you. You are sweet, funny, kind and you are almost like Mr Perfect. But...you aren't Mr Right for me..." I continued. I didn't dare to look up at his face.

"This is entirely my fault, I only realised that I wasn't truly in love with you after our date. My heart belongs to someone else. Remember, this is entirely my fault so please don't blame yourself. You did nothing wrong, it's just that I'm not the one for you, there's someone way better than me for you." I ended.

I finally looked up to him in the eye.

He looked so sad and I felt so mean and crappy.

"I...how am I supposed to let you go like this? I really, really like you. Please don't do this." He finally said.

I bit my lips and looked back down at the table. I saw a drop of water hit the table top. I looked up again and saw him covering his face.

"I'm sorry, but it's better for you too, so that you don't get hurt even more in the future. I thought I needed to tell you earlier." I told him.

"You...you like him don't you?" He asked me, with his face still covered.

"Who?" I shot my head back up.

"Jeonghan." He said and he revealed his face again as he put his hands back down on the table.

I nodded and pursed my lips guiltily.

He slowly moved his hands to mine and wrapped his warm hands around mine. I didn't move, I let him be.

"Alright. I get it. But, can we stay as friends?" He asked and smiled. His smile seems to be forced and he looked like he was shattering inside as I looked into his eyes.

"Of course we can. I really do hope you find someone better than me. Once again, I'm sorry." I stood up and bowed politely.

"Bye, see you around." I said before leaving. I looked back through the glass door and took a last look at Mingyu before heading to work.

I feel empty all over again...

Author notes 📝 :

I hope Mingyu and Hyunra can become close friends again :)

But, I'm not sure if I can update regularly, maybe I can, maybe I can't.. I'm having a lot of personal problems in life right now and I'm get pretty tired everyday from dealing with my issues at home... But I will try to update the best I can😓

Anyways~ please vote 🌟,   comment 💬  and share ✅ !

Thanks for reading
♥~