Chappie 34

HYUNRA POV

I took slow and small steps behind Jeonghan towards my designated room, almost tripping over once. I felt like an outsider in such a fancy looking place, everyone else seemed to know where they were heading to and were brushing past me quickly.

Jeonghan then led me into a lift and we went up to a higher level. I was directly greeted by a pair of large doors in front of me as the door of the life opened.

"There." Jeonghan said as he pointed to the door in front.

I breathed in and reluctantly followed Jeonghan. He knocked on the door soundly and there was a soft 'come in' from the other side.

"I'll wait outside, please do your best." Jeonghan smiled and that alone gave me encouragement. I nervously laughed because I couldn't say anything and nodded at him.

I pushed the door open with my trembling and weak hands. I was met with a rather big room with a really tall ceiling. It had light grey walls all around and as I scanned around the impressive room, I saw a guy sitting behind a desk in front of me.

I quickly bowed, "Good morning, I-I'm Hyunra. Choi Hyunra." I stuttered nervously.

He smiled kindly and nodded. "I'm Mr. Byun and I've been expecting you. And let's make this quick, I've got a meeting to rush to. Sing me any song you want and I'll make a decision."

"Now?" I asked.

He nodded. Well that was a dumb question.

I cleared my throat but I wasn't sure what to sing.

Then my mind clicked. I knew what to sing.

There's this song, that Jeonghan has composed. And it's a song that only I have heard, it reminded me of all the times we've spent together. I smiled as I thought of him, being there for me all the time and also falling in love him...

And I let my voice and heart take over, singing that slow paced song with feelings and passion.

My voice received that song well, knowing every little pitch and tune of it.

What seemed like forever to me passed quickly and the song ended. I stopped myself from tearing and I gave a polite bow after I ended the song.

Before I could raise my head again, I heard a loud thundering applause coming from Mr. Byun.

Does he like it? Did I pass?

"That was beautiful! You obviously pass!" He said and I let out a smile and sigh of relief.

"I will contact you again, so please be prepared for my response. I musr get going now, thank you for your time." He said as he stood up and left the room.

I couldn't believe my luck and I slowly trudged out of the room.

Jeonghan was still there outside the room waiting for me. But he looked a bit stunned and concerned.

"You...remember?" He asked doubtfully.

"What?" I asked.

"Our past..."

"Ah. About that...yes. Yes, I do."

"That song, only you and I know it. Do you really remember it all? When? Yesterday? Today?"

"Yesterday."

He took a deep breath and let out a huge grin.

He lunged at me without a warning and he hugged me tightly.

"I'm so happy! I really am!" He squealed like a little kid.

I stood there still, unable to say anything since he was squeezing me too tightly but I smiled in his embrace.

He finally pulled away and he was still wearing his grin.

"Let's go back home. I want to tell you something." I tried to hold my smile but I couldn't help but grin brightly as I took his hand and pulled him behind me.

**❗⚠ PLEASE READ ⚠ ❗**

Author notes 📝 :

The characters and even the names for other characters that are NOT Seventeen are completely fictional.

The places in this story are also fictional so please don't say: "there's no one called Mr. Byun in Pledis!" or 'the Pledis place doesn't look like this!".

As for the procedure, same thing: I also made it up as I wasn't very sure how these individual interviews went like.

So please try to understand :)

Thanks♥!!