✔️eight✔️

Archie thinks he's in love.

Scratch that, he knows he's in love.

With these waffles that his dad made for breakfast.

It was the day of prom, and Archie was kind of excited to hang out with his friends. They would dance, and hang out after. Veronica was having an after-party.

She had sent out invitations, and of course she had invited Cheryl, and her friends, the football team, and some of her close friends.

Jug was not feeling the after party and it hadn't even started yet. He wasn't a fan of big crowds.

The anti-social boy was not excited about prom at all. To be honest, he didn't know why he agreed to go with Archie in the first place.

He wasn't excited, and didn't plan on doing anything when he got there.

So, today we learned Archie and Jughead are polar opposites. Great. That's gonna help with my writing.

Archie was fully ready, and had his navy blue tux in his closet. (A.N.: also his sexuality but that's none of my business)

"Hey, Arch, did want anymore?" His Dad asked about the waffles.

"No, I'm good. I have to call Betty before she starts to freak over prom." He gave his dad a big smile as he lied to his face.

Fred didn't know that his son was going to prom with Jughead. And Archie liked it that way.

✔️✔️✔️✔️

"I can't wait to see my otp taking awkward prom photos."

"Jug won't lay a hand on Archie. I bet you five bucks he won't even hang out with Archie tonight, and stand around awkwardly."

"So, now you're implying he's a loser."

"I think you're the one who is, cause you said that."

"Hi, Betty. Hi, Veronica." Archie walked up the walkway to Betty's house greeting his best friends. Who were obviously in some kind of argument he didn't want know about.

"Is Jughead a loser?" Veronica asks him straight up.

"What, no. Why would you say that?" The ginger was taken aback by the sudden question.

"Cause-"

Betty was quick to cover her girlfriends mouth before the concerned boy found out what they were talking about.

"No reason."

"S-sure," he was confused, but he didn't want to get into it,"Welp, I'm here. What do I do now?"

"Wait for Jug. While waiting talk about how your first kiss with a cute boy will go." Betty slapped V's shoulder.

"Ha ha, very funny." Archie sat down on the front steps, and got comfortable.

"I'm serious." Veronica got up from her seat walking to a tree that stood five feet away in the blonde's front lawn.

"Will you take his hand like this? And ask him to dance." She grabbed a branch that was pretty low down.

"Then you will dance along to a nice Shawn Mendes song, that your bestie, Veronica, will request specifically for this moment. Maybe Kid In Love, or Crazy." She swayed her hips like she was dancing to the imaginary song. Betty bit her lip, but still was embarrassed. The red head just face palmed.

"Then the chorus will come one and you slowly lean in." V leaned in slowly only inches away from the sappy tree.

"Then you'll lock eyes, and kiss." She leaned in, and made out with the tree.

"Ahhh, ewwww." Archie and Betty said in unison.

"I'm never gonna kiss you again. All the diseases you have now. I can't." The disgusted girl walked in the house.

Veronica just smiled, and said, "Pretend the tree is Jughead."

"Yeah, yeah. I get it." Archie said, not being able to make eye contact with her.

"Hey, where's Betty?" Jughead got out of his Dads truck.

"Long story."

✔️✔️✔️✔️

Sorry I haven't updated in a while I've been really having writers block with this story

Thank you guys for 1k reads

You're all so awesome

Hope you enjoyed :)

and

Are you ready for the prom?