Prologue

My mother used to tell me, before she died, that people come in varies forms. Not everyone are trustworthy. Not everyone are who they seem to be. A wolf has the ability to disguise itself as a pure, lamb. So be careful, she would say. She would continue telling me about the cruel world and what it brings until one day she left. And I never learned it the easy way.

For some reason, inexperienced, simple, and kind, I learned things the hard way.

Even after moving to Durango, Colorado. A small town, small population, and little to no crowd around me, I learned to live on my own. In my own terms. I never believed mother because everyone here were nice to me. To each other. To everyone else around. So, why fear? Why not live the life making mistakes only to learn to grow into better shoes?

Freedom might have been my mistake.

I took advantage of it and didn't realize the danger that lurked for me.

I fell. Hard. For a dark, forbidden, Wolf disguised as a perfect, one of a kind, Lamb, my college professor.

Klaus Benton.

Dark, sexy, intimidating, relentless, unforgiving, and dominating terror.

Who happened to be my next door neighbor.

But nothing less and something more.

He held a gun to my forehead that explained everything.

He wasn't who he said he was. He was lethal, dangerous, and on a mission.

Real terror struck the moment I found out who I really was. I was his key to reaching his enemies.

My forbidden desires became  poisonous. But, I welcomed it. And he gave me more than I bargained for.