Chapter 9 - Drunken Creature

Loud music echoed off of every wall in the room that vibrated my entire body. Music I didn't understand only had the beats and no words. People overflowed the room as more kept coming in. This club was twenty one and up and oddly, our fake ID's worked. My fake ID didn't even match up to me but no one checked. But who was complaining? This was my first rodeo and I told myself I was going to be responsible.

That is until Cara presented me with my forth tequila shot and I took it with ease, not even tasting the bitterness anymore. My body accommodated to the taste and I didn't need the lemons to take it away. My mind fogged as my body gradually started getting numb. I'm not going to lie and say the room isn't already spilling. I'm also not going lie and say that this isn't what I wanted. Jason laughed at me as I smiled. That's because I didn't know what I was smiling about.

"You're so out of it. How you feeling?" He asks. I laugh. How am I feeling? I don't know, Jason, you gave me the first shot. You tell me?

"What do you think?" A strange, upbeat music blares through the speakers that makes everyone in the room jump to the rhythm. The loud music only brings the dizziness in me to a height. Three hours ago, I was sober and smart. Now, I am the opposite.

"We are taking the uber, right?" I slurred, as Cara pulled me through the crowd and on to the dance floor. Sweat, and alcohol reeked the place.

"Mmm hmm," she slurs, unintelligently, equally drunk as me. We dance to a song, grinding against each other. Suddenly, two men came up behind us. Dazed, I couldn't see faces very well but I felt a hand on my buttock that really caught my attention. I couldn't turn fast enough as the man grabbed me from the back. Cara laughed as she grinder against a man behind her. How could she be enjoying this? I felt uncomfortable all of a sudden and I wanted this alcohol out of my system.

"Cara," I called out, but she was too far gone into the man. I called again but she ignored. Little by little she inched away from me unknowingly. I turned to the man but only ended up falling against him. Laughing, he pulls me in closer.

"Damn, women. Either you're too drunk to even stand or you're really asking for it. Which one is it?" He asks. His voice is uneven and a little slurred and I can tell he is not in the right state of mind either. His manhood presses against my pelvic and I do not welcome it. Panic gears up on me and my mother's words flash into my brain.

"The first one. Please let go." I try to push him off but he's heavy. The music blends my pleas away, but I try harder.

"Drink this." A drink is thrusted at me and before I can protest, my mouth is being forced open and the tasteless liquid goes down my throat. Thinking it's water, I welcome it. But as soon as he pulls the cup away I feel it. My already numbed body feels the attack, and I try to not show my panic. I don't know what he gave me but I can feel my body shutting down. My heated core tightens, and my body surges cold temperature. My mother's words taunt me again, but I push it away.

I have to get out of here.

I look around for Jason, but he's too busy dancing with a women I don't recognize. Cara has slipped away. There are plenty of women here accompanied by men who seems to be out of it. The man that pulled Cara away gives her a similar drink like it. I try to stop her but she's far too gone. So, I try a tactic I picked up from a book. Reverse psychology.

"We should get out of here," I yell through the music. Placing my fingers on his manhood, I apply pressure just a little for him to feel. The drink does its magic and I start to spin.

"That's what I'm talking about. Let's go," he starts pulling at me, but I stop him.

"First, can you get me a drink please? One more. The bartender knows what I like. Right there," I point. I don't know where I am pointing at, but a chuckle tells me it's in the wrong direction. I don't care. He doesn't either as he inches closer to me.

"Don't move. I'll be right back." He turns around but moving so fast, he doesn't realize that something slips out of his pocket and falls by my feet. Dizzy, and numb, I try to lower myself just a little to pick up the item. I get to it but not before falling on my ass. The people around me sees me, but instead of helping, they move away. Rubbing my eyes, I try to get a clear vision of the item. Slow by slow, it forms into my view. I can't read clearly because of my dilated eyes bouncing but from the feel of it, it's a bottle.

Realization dawns at me, and I gasp. Drugs. He's drugged me. Grabbing the bottle, I find help through someone else and pull myself up. The effect of the drug has hit my body but my brain is still in tact and if I don't move now, I won't be able to get out of here. Tears in my eyes, I push past the crowd hurriedly, and find Jason.

"Jason, I—"

"Hey, chicka! Enjoying the party?" He hugs me.

"I think I'm—"

"Woah, amiga, you don't look so good."

"You..um...Spanish?" He smiles.

"Si, amiga. Wait here I'll get you some water." He disappears before I can find a chance to stop him. Drinks after drinks, the crowd around me participate in Jason's birthday. The rounds are all on the house. When someone pushes a shot in front of me, I move away. I can't find the exit quick enough because before I know it, the man who drugged me is looking around for me. He's so near he can touch me but by god's grace, he doesn't see me.

I push through the crowd again, and find my exit. I tumble over, bump into others, and even fall on the ground twice. I want to call for help but words fail me. And then...I start feeling strange. The drug is now in full effect with the alcohol and I can't tell whether I'm dying or flying. Or soaring, actually. My feet drags lazily across the pavement as I walk to God knows where. Men outside drinking wolf-whistle at me but I shoo them away.

"What did you get into? One drink is fine. Maybe two is fine too. But three? Ha. Maya, you are drugged," I laugh to myself. Suddenly, I'm falling. I gasp as I fall against something holding me up. I blink through the blurred vision. Hands. Two hands. Two rough hands grasping me. They look familiar. I peek up, and silently gasp.

Jaw ticked, muscles rippled, two unbelievable gorgeous, Hazel eyes peer down at me. More handsome, intimidating, and scary as before, I blink. He's mad. Undeniably furious. Is he real? Why is he so damn beautiful when he's mad? He is god's finest creature.

I lift my hand, and place it gently on his cheek. The touch is real. The feeling is real. He's...real. And I'm touching him.

"Mr. Benton. Professor, Klaus Benton," I smile. His features harden and his brows crease. He observes me, leans in, then stops just a breath away. I stop breathing. My eyes widen even though I can barely see through my blurred vision.

"Maya." I swoon. My name out of his lips bring undeniable, heated moisture between my legs and I subconsciously draw my thighs together. My heart races like a freight train. I fight from leaning into him. He's so close..maybe if I lean a little more....I can kiss him.

"Am I in trouble?" I slur. I can practically hear his jaw tighten.

"Let's go." And just like that he pulls me away.